[0.11.2] Mages Guild Advancement Not Occurring

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Rurik

[0.11.2] Mages Guild Advancement Not Occurring

Post by Rurik »

Finally decided to sit down and play DFU after a long time of not really doing much but mess around. Joined the Mages Guild as I always used to and began doing quests. Raised to 10 reputation, had several high % skills (31 RES, 24 DES, etc) and they would've promote me to the next rank, I'm still stuck as apprentice.

Did another quest to get to 15 reputation and still no effect. I started from an 0.11.1 install and thought maybe updating to 0.11.2 would solve it, but it did not.

I have my save file attached if you want to look at it, but I checked the mage's guild faction ranking in the TXT and it said 15 there as well.

Thank you,
Rurik
Attachments
SAVE4.7z
(413.06 KiB) Downloaded 72 times

imsobadatnicknames

Re: [0.11.2] Mages Guild Advancement Not Occurring

Post by imsobadatnicknames »

Rurik wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:53 pm Finally decided to sit down and play DFU after a long time of not really doing much but mess around. Joined the Mages Guild as I always used to and began doing quests. Raised to 10 reputation, had several high % skills (31 RES, 24 DES, etc) and they would've promote me to the next rank, I'm still stuck as apprentice.
You just have to wait for a month or so to pass. In other Elder Scrolls games you can get promoted as soon as you fulfill the next rank's requirements, but in Daggerfall guilds check every 28 days if you fulfill the requirements for the next rank, you can't get promoted before that.
Released mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/5141135 ... files&BH=0
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0