[0.11.2] Infinite Money Exploit

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Teralitha

[0.11.2] Infinite Money Exploit

Post by Teralitha »

Just as a test, I bought a steel axe from the same store for 123 gold, and then sold the same axe back to him for 125 gold. My mercantile skill is 6%. I bought a horse and cart for 1173 and sold it back for 1192. its not much, but suppose i had a high mercantile? I would probably get alot more.

This is what we would call an infinite free money exploit. Just buy everything in the store and sell it back to the store owner. Profit. Does it break the game though? Probably not... I dunno.

pango

Re: [0.11.2] Infinite Money Exploit

Post by pango »

I did not easily reproduce the issue, could you provide a zipped game save?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

It only works in a "rustic, shoddy" store. Go to the town of "Tambeth",(In daggerfall) only 2 stores there and both are rustic/shoddy. Im not sure just how much going to the extreme would break the game, or not though...

pango

Post by pango »

Okay, reproduced the "exploit".
I can reproduce it in classic too, so it works as intended for unmodded Daggerfall Unity.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for checking Pango. :)

Yeah, we use the same formula as classic to calculate so it should have the same outputs. I think it also breaks down at the other extreme end with a very high Mercantile.