No One Can Cure Caliron's Curse

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
denixius

No One Can Cure Caliron's Curse

Post by denixius »

Hi,

I'm about to enter Scourg Barrow, but I have a disease which no temple can cure, Caliron's Curse. It drains my strength, speed and agility. I tried every single temple, but Disease Cure people in there cannot help me. They say you have no curse.

How to cure this disease?
Caliron's Curse.jpg
Caliron's Curse.jpg (685.1 KiB) Viewed 1145 times
Thanks,

Interkarma

Re: No One Can Cure Caliron's Curse

Post by Interkarma »

Are you positive you have a disease and not just drained attributes? If the status info popup (default key I) doesn't report a disease, then you likely don't have one and just need to use Heal Strength, etc. spells to cure the damaged attributes.

If you're still stuck, please attach a save and we can take a closer look at your character state.

denixius

Post by denixius »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

Actually, I'm just guessing that I got a disease because I searched for what can decrease my STR, AGI and SPD at the same time, and find on UESP, that it is Caliron's Curse. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Diseases

I checked the status of my character on "I", and I find that it is because of a poison, which I don't remember from what I got this poison. :D
Poison STR-AGI-SPD.jpg
Poison STR-AGI-SPD.jpg (528.94 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
Bests,

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Any rogue type humanoid enemy can poison you with their weapon. I think its just a random chance and can damage attributes that can only be cured with heal attribute spells or maybe some potions. The regular effects of poison can be cured by your temple, but the damaged attributes remain.

It kinda makes the "Immunity to poison" advantage in character creation a must have. Dealing with poison really sucks and makes little sense why a temple cant restore attributes for you for a fee. It makes playing a pure warrior type character unviable without that immunity.

denixius

Post by denixius »

Teralitha wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:25 pm Any rogue type humanoid enemy can poison you with their weapon. I think its just a random chance and can damage attributes that can only be cured with heal attribute spells or maybe some potions. The regular effects of poison can be cured by your temple, but the damaged attributes remain.

It kinda makes the "Immunity to poison" advantage in character creation a must have. Dealing with poison really sucks and makes little sense why a temple cant restore attributes for you for a fee. It makes playing a pure warrior type character unviable without that immunity.
So, there is no way to restore those missing points, right? Weird. According to a guide, it can be restored after one or two weeks.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Drink a Cure Poison potion, cast Cure Poison or visit a temple where you have unlocked the ability to heal your attributes.

Should fix it.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

denixius wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:54 pm
Teralitha wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:25 pm Any rogue type humanoid enemy can poison you with their weapon. I think its just a random chance and can damage attributes that can only be cured with heal attribute spells or maybe some potions. The regular effects of poison can be cured by your temple, but the damaged attributes remain.

So, there is no way to restore those missing points, right? Weird. According to a guide, it can be restored after one or two weeks.
Ive also based my info on whats written in the UESP, I always use immunity to poison now, so I cant say for sure.

denixius

Post by denixius »

Yes, I did that, thank you!