Item Overlap On Paper Doll(DREAM Mod issue)

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Teralitha

Item Overlap On Paper Doll(DREAM Mod issue)

Post by Teralitha »

Not sure if this is a DFU thing or a mod thing. Using the D.R.E.A.M. mod
Last edited by Teralitha on Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

numidium3rd

Re: Item Overlap On Paper Doll

Post by numidium3rd »

Could you post your save please? If it still happens when loaded on an unmodded game then we can verify if it's a DREAM problem or not.

Your saves should be here (assuming you're on Windows): C:\Users\(username)\AppData\LocalLow\Daggerfall Workshop\Daggerfall Unity\Saves

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

I dont have a save file with these items anymore. But if you are gonna test it in an unmodded game, just buy them at a store. Casual pants and tall boots.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Tall boots overlap pants, this is the correct ordering of items. This still happens with classic art, it's just not as obvious. Below is screenshot of tall boots and casual pants.

tallboots-over-pants.JPG
tallboots-over-pants.JPG (50.73 KiB) Viewed 1224 times

Please raise issues with mods in the topic for that mod.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Sure thing. Thanks for the info.

King of Worms

Re: Item Overlap On Paper Doll(DREAM Mod issue)

Post by King of Worms »

Thats how items work in daggerfall.

Not sure this can be solved in a DFU code

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

I think you could alter the casual pants in your mod to be less fluffy to hide the clipping, right? Of course its not really a big issue. Its not like alot of people are going to be wearing those items for long if at all...

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Teralitha wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:21 pm I think you could alter the casual pants in your mod to be less fluffy to hide the clipping, right? Of course its not really a big issue. Its not like alot of people are going to be wearing those items for long if at all...
yeah thats like few hundred of items to redraw... maybe take a shorts mate. Or different boots, or different colors :)
This is a bad outfit you have chosen for you, there are 1000s of other combinations in my paperdoll system. Theres absolutely no reason to try to fit these boots to these pants, It would be bad in RL and so it is in the game ;) Just play the game, loot more clothing and you will find a better fit, I promise