[0.11.2] Mage Light Doesnt Transition With The Player

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Teralitha

[0.11.2] Mage Light Doesnt Transition With The Player

Post by Teralitha »

If this spell is active and you enter or leave a dungeon, the light goes out but the spell icon remains as though it was still active.

Interkarma

Re: [0.11.2] Mage Light Doesnt Transition With The Player

Post by Interkarma »

MageLight is only an example spell for modders to demo how to add custom spells to the game. How the spell operates isn't really important. I'm more likely to disable it later now that modders have started getting across this.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Ah thats too bad, I liked using it as a light source. No where near as annoying as the floating candle in your face.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hmm, I never considered someone would have preferred it. :)

The spell itself was knocked together really quickly. It could have been anything but coloured lights was what I ended up with. The interesting part is how the spell is registered. Any time someone asks how to register a custom spell, I direct them to below.

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... er.cs#L126

I need to improve some other things in the magic system first - mainly custom spells like MageLight don't work properly as enchantments. Since you flagged a preference for it, I'll consider fixing up the spell rather than removing next time I loop back to this. Cheers.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

In that case, I have requests for mage light. Can you extend the light distance a bit, and maybe lower the casting cost a little? The regular light spell I think requires much less magic to cast, but I still use mage light regardless, and I occasionally change up the colors.