[0.11.2] Rain Sound Effect Persists After Fast Travel.

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Teralitha

[0.11.2] Rain Sound Effect Persists After Fast Travel.

Post by Teralitha »

Title pretty much sums it up. If I enter one zone and its raining, and I fast travel somewhere else, I still hear the rain, even if its not raining there. Or perhaps it actually is raining there, but the visual effect has stopped.

My apologies if this is not a DFU issue. Maybe someone using an unmodded DFU can confirm this is in DFU and not a mod issue.

Interkarma

Re: [0.11.2] Rain Sound Effect Persists After Fast Travel.

Post by Interkarma »

I haven't come across this one before, and haven't been able to repro just yet.

Does this happen with all mods disabled? And does this also happen if you force rain (console "set_weather 4) then travel away, or only when arriving and raining "naturally"?

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Interkarma wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:39 pm I haven't come across this one before, and haven't been able to repro just yet.

Does this happen with all mods disabled? And does this also happen if you force rain (console "set_weather 4) then travel away, or only when arriving and raining "naturally"?
I turned off all mods and the issue doesnt happen. If its raining when I leave and when I arrive, its still raining and i can see it and hear it. It must be an issue caused by a mod then. Ill do some testing to find out which.

I ended up turning all mods back on and the issue hasnt happened again. Yet. But, earlier I had been playing for hours when I started seeing it occur before and perhaps a fresh restart corrects it.

I will update this topic if I come across this issue again and if I can figure what might be the cause.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

If you are using it, I'm betting it's the "Better Ambience" mod that does it. It's the only mod I can think of that messes with rain/snow effects.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Ralzar wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:35 am If you are using it, I'm betting it's the "Better Ambience" mod that does it. It's the only mod I can think of that messes with rain/snow effects.
Dont have that one.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

So maybe tell us which does it than? Otherwise nobody can help you.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

King of Worms wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:53 pm So maybe tell us which does it than? Otherwise nobody can help you.
I will update this topic if I come across this issue again and if I can figure what might be the cause.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Missed that one, sorry