[0.11.2] Edged Weapons Miss ALOT on Zombies

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Teralitha

[0.11.2] Edged Weapons Miss ALOT on Zombies

Post by Teralitha »

Is this by design? I now switch to a blunt weapon when facing zombies because my edged weapons seem to have like a 1% hit rate on them. My blunt weapon hits them just fine though. It even seems like the blunt weapon also does more damage to them too. The incredible miss rate using edged weapons on a zombie seems unrealistic to me and possibly a bug.

Ralzar

Re: [0.11.2] Edged Weapons Miss ALOT on Zombies

Post by Ralzar »

What material are the weapons and what are you skills in long blade and blunt?

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Ralzar wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:46 pm What material are the weapons and what are you skills in long blade and blunt?
Both are elven. Axe(1 handed) and warhammer. (2H) Skills are both around 45. (I use both to keep them leveled up the same.) Axe misses constantly while hammer takes them down quick.(Zombies) And when I say misses constantly, I mean like... 1 out of 50 swings bad.. Doesnt seems right. I have axe and blunt as primary skills. Its just zombies. I can hit other undeads with the axe just fine.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I don't have much info to add on this one. The physics back-end for weapon strikes is uniform across all weapon types - all that really varies is skill rolls.

If you can provide it, I'm happy to take a look at your save with the axe in question and step through code during strike at zombies to see if anything isn't working as expected.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Interkarma wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:46 am I don't have much info to add on this one. The physics back-end for weapon strikes is uniform across all weapon types - all that really varies is skill rolls.

If you can provide it, I'm happy to take a look at your save with the axe in question and step through code during strike at zombies to see if anything isn't working as expected.
Ive since gained more skill in axes and it seems that now I can hit and kill zombies just fine with the elven axe. But then, today I also wiped everything and started with a fresh copy of DF and DFU and mods because my game didnt seem to be stable. Seems fine now and zombies are getting hit plenty. I may have just had some file corruption or something.