[0.11.2] King Of Worms Messenger Glitch

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Teralitha

[0.11.2] King Of Worms Messenger Glitch

Post by Teralitha »

I was in a dungeon and about about halfway through I started experiencing a glitch, being unable to rest. I had the rest option available, but every time I clicked to start resting it would suddenly end saying there were enemies nearby, but no enemies were nearby. This continued until I exited the dungeon. I rested just fine outside the dungeon then went back in. Rest worked just fine again. Shortly after a zombie appeared with a message from the king of worms. I suspect this is what was glitching my ability to rest earlier.

My theory is that if you are in a dungeon when the messenger is dispatched to find you, it causes the glitch, where the game is trying to spawn the zombie near you, but cant until you change scenes.

Ralzar

Re: [0.11.2] King Of Worms Messenger Glitch

Post by Ralzar »

Yeah, it's not limited to the KoW quest. It's a general problem with quests spawning enemies.

What I think is happening is that the quest triggers a quest enemy spanwing. The game then tries to find a place near you to spawn the enemy. But if you are in a tight part of the dungeon (stairs in partiuclar) it runs into problems so the quest enemy is queued up to spawn, leaving it in limbo.
The solution when this happens is usually to just walk a bit in the dungeon, preferrably to a bigger room or similar, the enemy spawns and everything continues as normal.