[0.11.2] Bank Window Locks Up

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Teralitha

[0.11.2] Bank Window Locks Up

Post by Teralitha »

If you click the mouse somewhere on the screen but do nothing, like add or remove money, you cant get out of the screen using the exit button. Only way to get out is to press esc.

pango

Re: [0.11.2] Bank Window Locks Up

Post by pango »

I clicking inside and outside of the banking form, I couldn't reproduce the issue: the EXIT button always worked for me.

The only thing that happens (on purpose) is that if you start some transaction that requires entering a gold amount, you have to input and validate an amount before you can close the form (on purpose because some players wrongly assumed that typing some amount is sufficient for the transaction to proceed, and EXITed without validating).
Did you get a blinking text cursor when the EXIT button did not respond?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

That must be what I did then. I probably clicked on a button to add or withdraw, but that bank didnt have any gold in it, and I didnt want to add any, so I just tried to click exit. I would expect the exit button to always work, that why I thought it was a bug.

pango

Post by pango »

One incremental change I can think of would be to allow to break out of transactions if no amount has been typed, as I think that would still be a non-ambiguous situation:

Code: Select all

diff --git a/Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterfaceWindows/DaggerfallBankingWindow.cs b/Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterfaceWindows/DaggerfallBankingWindow.cs
index 5426ddb2d..af99cfd0b 100644
--- a/Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterfaceWindows/DaggerfallBankingWindow.cs
+++ b/Assets/Scripts/Game/UserInterfaceWindows/DaggerfallBankingWindow.cs
@@ -472,7 +472,7 @@ namespace DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface
         void ExitButton_OnMouseClick(BaseScreenComponent sender, Vector2 position)
         {
             DaggerfallUI.Instance.PlayOneShot(SoundClips.ButtonClick);
-            if (!transactionInput.Enabled)
+            if (!transactionInput.Enabled || string.IsNullOrEmpty(transactionInput.Text))
                 CloseWindow();
         }

But right now the interface works as if transaction amount was typed in a modal dialog box on top of the banking interface, even if that's not how it looks. From that point of view, above change would be less consistent, so I'm not sure it would be a clear improvement.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Ah well. Daggerfall will probably never be a perfect game anyway ;)