Possibly a quest bug

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
PaintDragon

Possibly a quest bug

Post by PaintDragon »

So - I got a quest from a guy in Gothway Garden to deliver something to this other person in Gothway Garden. He said to ask around, because everyone knows who she is, but when I go to talk to the townspeople her name doesn't appear in the dialogue options. Am I missing something?

-As far as I know, there is only one town with this name in the region of Daggerfall.
-I have tried fast-travelling to Gothway Garden (from the outskirts of said town), but it didn't fix anything.
-I have made the possible mistake of saving after receiving this quest. :?
-It says I need to make the delivery within 5 days.

Interkarma

Re: Possibly a quest bug

Post by Interkarma »

Hey, welcome to the forums. :)

I'll move this to Help & Support. The Quest Hub forums are centred around quest development side of things.

Can you please attach a zip of your save and let us know the name of the quest you need help with? Information on locating saves can be found in below link.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2360&p=27552#p27552

PaintDragon

Post by PaintDragon »

I don't think this particular quest has a name. It seems to just be some delivery sidequest.
To be more specific, the questgiver wants me to deliver some clothes to a lady for her wedding.
Attachments
SAVE4.zip
(241.56 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you for save. :) This quest is called "The Courier". More info and walkthrough below.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:The_Courier

Quests don't always have any rumours or information about people. A quest needs to link this up specifically and this quest doesn't do that. But most of the time you can just ask where a target quest building is in town. Speak with a wandering NPC in Gothway Garden and navigate to Where Is > General to get directions to a local quest building. In this case there's only one quest building called The Wickhouse Residence.

I was able to hand in your quest OK once the house was identified.

Spoiler!
part1.jpg
part1.jpg (323.73 KiB) Viewed 1353 times
part2.jpg
part2.jpg (307.56 KiB) Viewed 1353 times

Daggerfall can be a bit weird and clunky. Sometimes the real challenge is just working out what it expects us to do next.

PaintDragon

Post by PaintDragon »

Thanks for the help! I don't know if I would have figured it out on my own in time. ^^;