[0.11.2] Enemies Spawning Behind Walls(This is not a bug)

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Teralitha

[0.11.2] Enemies Spawning Behind Walls(This is not a bug)

Post by Teralitha »

Sometimes I can hear enemies behind the walls of a room that I know has no access to where they are, and even if you try to rest there it says enemies are nearby. I created a save at one such location so you can check it out.
Attachments
EnemiesStuckInWalls.zip
(273.3 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Last edited by Teralitha on Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Re: [0.11.2] Enemies Spawning Behind Walls

Post by Interkarma »

This is just part of how Daggerfall dungeons work. Enemies will sometimes be generated in places beyond normal confines of dungeon.

This is a well-known "feature" of Daggerfall and does get raised fairly often. I have no plans to make any changes to this.

Teralitha

Re: [0.11.2] Enemies Spawning Behind Walls

Post by Teralitha »

Interkarma wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:57 am This is just part of how Daggerfall dungeons work. Enemies will sometimes be generated in places beyond normal confines of dungeon.

This is a well-known "feature" of Daggerfall and does get raised fairly often. I have no plans to make any changes to this.
No problem. I noticed this happening long ago, but I wasnt sure if it was a glitch or intentionally done by the devs to be annoying. Figured i report it just in case it was a bug.