Bugged Quest Item (Solved Not a Bug)

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Baptor

Bugged Quest Item (Solved Not a Bug)

Post by Baptor »

Hello,

I've been playing for some time (about level 20) and I have these "Yellow Flowers (Southern)" that are a quest item (green background) that I can't remove and don't have a quest for. I've had them so long there's no way I'd ever find out where they came from or who they are for. Is there any way to delete these or remove them from my inventory? Thanks!
Last edited by Baptor on Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Teralitha

Re: Bugged Quest Item

Post by Teralitha »

Nothing in your log?

Baptor

Post by Baptor »

Nope, I cleared out my quest log except for the main quest.

Edit: Actually that's a lie. I've got a quest I'm letting run out of time. It's a quest I got from an Inn patron who wanted me to rescue his child. While on this task, the fighter's guild intercepted me and said the child was actually being held to protect him from his drunk uncle. They told me to just leave him alone, so I am. However flowers never came into it.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

I guess the items are from a quest you failed previously. Can you sell them?

Baptor

Post by Baptor »

Nope. Can't sell, can't drop, can't destroy.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

If you can provide a save, I'll be able to confirm which quest this item belongs to and see if that quest is still active in background or not.

It's possible to drop quest items, but this isn't enabled by default. Head into settings.ini and locate the following line. Then change False into True and save. Next time you start the game, dropping quest-flagged items won't be blocked anymore.

Code: Select all

CanDropQuestItems = False
Info on finding saves, logs, and settings all in link below if needed.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2360&p=27552#p27552

Baptor

Post by Baptor »

Hey!

I'd be happy to attach a save file but I am not sure how. I know where the save file is but I can't attach it to this post. I tried using the attachments tab but it said the .txt files in the save were unsupported and would not upload the save.

Am I missing something here or do you want me to email the save file to you?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Once you've found the appropriate SAVE# folder (e.g. SAVE03), just zip up that whole folder and you'll be able to attach zip file to post.

Each save folder consists of several data files and all of them are required to be kept together.

Baptor

Post by Baptor »

Interkarma wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:02 am Once you've found the appropriate SAVE# folder (e.g. SAVE03), just zip up that whole folder and you'll be able to attach zip file to post.

Each save folder consists of several data files and all of them are required to be kept together.
OK I have attached the zipped save file. Thank you for checking this out for me, that's awesome.
Attachments
SAVE4.7z
(195.29 KiB) Downloaded 64 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for save! :) The flowers belong to quest A0C01Y03 (The Riddle), which is active in your logs:

log.JPG
log.JPG (44.05 KiB) Viewed 1531 times

When you accept the quest, you get yellow flowers and a letter with the riddle to solve. The quest-giver says the following:
<ce> The only person who might help you find
<ce> _hermit_ is _spouse_.
<ce> %g can be found in ___spouse_.
<ce> Take these flowers. They are %g3 favorites.
<ce> They may gain you some favor with %g2.
<ce> Here is a letter with _hermit_'s
<ce> riddle inscribed upon it. If you have not
<ce> returned in three months, I will assume
<ce> that you have failed.
Not a bug or stuck. You do need them to complete quest, I recommend not dropping them. :D