[0.11.2] Exception: GetPeopleOfCurrentRegion() did not find exactly 1 match.

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Daniel87

[0.11.2] Exception: GetPeopleOfCurrentRegion() did not find exactly 1 match.

Post by Daniel87 »

Hi,

When fast traveling via Tedious Travel from Daggerfall MapPixel[209,229] at the beach to Daggerfall Mertower I always get the exception:

Exception: GetPeopleOfCurrentRegion() did not find exactly 1 match.

It happens when I am entering MapPixel[209,228] from the south.
The same happened at other occasions but always close to the ocean.
In Julianos we Trust.

Ralzar

Re: [0.11.2] Exception: GetPeopleOfCurrentRegion() did not find exactly 1 match.

Post by Ralzar »

Are you using Tedious Travel or Travel Oprions? Seeing as TT has not been updated in over a year...

Daniel87

Re: [0.11.2] Exception: GetPeopleOfCurrentRegion() did not find exactly 1 match.

Post by Daniel87 »

Ralzar wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:33 pm Are you using Tedious Travel or Travel Oprions? Seeing as TT has not been updated in over a year...
Sorry, my mistake. I am using Travel Options 1.3. Not sure if the bug is related to the Mod or the base game.
In Julianos we Trust.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This exception means there's an error in FACTION.TXT where a region has multiple matches for "people of" sub-faction. It's pretty common in older/unpatched faction files.

Are you using an alternative FACTION.TXT in StreamingAssets or the one that ships with game? If you're using the one shipped with game, I can patch that data error in a new release.

Edit: Loading an old save from before DFU fixed a lot of these problems can still bring back bad faction data however, as faction state is persisted in save data.

Regarding localisation, the text parts of FACTION.TXT will be moved to string table assets eventually.

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

Interkarma wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:26 pm This exception means there's an error in FACTION.TXT where a region has multiple matches for "people of" sub-faction. It's pretty common in older/unpatched faction files.

Are you using an alternative FACTION.TXT in StreamingAssets or the one that ships with game? If you're using the one shipped with game, I can patch that data error in a new release.

Edit: Loading an old save from before DFU fixed a lot of these problems can still bring back bad faction data however, as faction state is persisted in save data.

Regarding localisation, the text parts of FACTION.TXT will be moved to string table assets eventually.
Thank your for the feedback, Interkarma!
I just updated my DFU to the newest version 0.11.3, but am still using older save files I made to test any climate type. Once I finished my mod, I will create a new game and check if the error persists. If so, I will update this post, otherwise, consider the problem solved :)
In Julianos we Trust.