[0.11.2] TGM shuts off any time the menu is opened

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
isilven

[0.11.2] TGM shuts off any time the menu is opened

Post by isilven »

Playing on Windows 10, issue happening on both modded and unmodded build. TGM will be set to TRUE in the console, console is closed, menu is opened with ESC, and upon closing the menu with ESC again, TGM is off and character will take damage, etc.

pango

Re: [0.11.2] TGM shuts off any time the menu is opened

Post by pango »

Welcome to the forums, isilven!

I did not reproduce the issue on my system (Linux, but I doubt it matters), and I must admit I'm puzzle about how/why it could happen... The only other times GodMode is changed is when starting a new game or loading a classic game save.
The most likely hypothesis must be that the console "tgm" command is somehow executed again.
If after opening/closing Options menu you open the console, do you see the "tgm" having been executed again?

Shots in the dark, have you changed keyboard bindings, most notably the console key binding? Are you using a controller?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

isilven

Re: [0.11.2] TGM shuts off any time the menu is opened

Post by isilven »

I actually checked for that, and it's not producing TGM false. Also I've pinpointed it down to only occurring in wilderness areas: on the modded build it's occurring when there are transitions between different areas due to a mod (I can tell because my framerate goes down a little bit when it loads everything). I can't tell what's triggering it in the vanilla build.