Red brick wall "woosh" sound then kills me

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Tamalak

Red brick wall "woosh" sound then kills me

Post by Tamalak »

Hi I want to check if this is a bug or not

I loaded up a save on my Knight who was in a small un-exitable area of the dungeon. He had teleported into it using a red brick wall. It's an area with a small spiral staircase, and three brick walls: one inaccessible behind a bookshelf, one in a wall that doesn't do anything, and one standing within a room that, when I click on it, makes a sound like a weapon "wooshing" in the air. Clicking on it repeatedly eventually kills me.

I've seen this dungeon block many times before and that standalone wall has always teleported me before (and I believe the other wall worked, too). Is this a bug?

Jay_H

Re: Red brick wall "woosh" sound then kills me

Post by Jay_H »

That's normal. Remember that a lot of dungeon blocks are actually variations on other dungeon blocks, with a few minor details changed. The game accounts for all that, and plans out a different route for you to progress.

A red-brick portal that only makes sounds is one of the intended effects.

13thsyndicate

Post by 13thsyndicate »

They also sometimes are damage traps so that might be what's killing you.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

13thsyndicate wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:19 pm They also sometimes are damage traps so that might be what's killing you.
Yup, the wooshing sound I am pretty sure is actually a "whiff" sound of an invisible melee attack by the door on the player, which triggers each time you click the brick wall.