Lags on new game

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
KrypticCypher

Re: Lags on new game

Post by KrypticCypher »

What cursor mod?

KrypticCypher

Post by KrypticCypher »

I moved the dfu install to another folder and it seems that I'm missing whats called a .vid file for daggerfall

KrypticCypher

Post by KrypticCypher »

Testing this now I think my mistake was downloading daggerfall from bethesda and not from daggerfall setup

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

KrypticCypher wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:14 am Testing this now I think my mistake was downloading daggerfall from bethesda and not from daggerfall setup
To be sure, read the install guide here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2360

It links also game files which are proven to work.

KrypticCypher

Post by KrypticCypher »

Alright followed the guide to a T About to rerun the game again hope it works

KrypticCypher

Post by KrypticCypher »

Upon redoing the steps to get the game setup and starting it I noticed that part of the problem is that it keeps placing me into the cell over and over again the screen will fade to black and reset where I'm looking. hope this somehow helps find a solution https://youtu.be/OOsZTWvHjag

KrypticCypher

Post by KrypticCypher »

If I quick save and exit the game and load that save it works fin but I have absolutely no stats from character creation My major skills sit around 5% making the game unplayable

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

KrypticCypher wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:15 am If I quick save and exit the game and load that save it works fin but I have absolutely no stats from character creation My major skills sit around 5% making the game unplayable
That sounds really like a screwed up installation.

Delete your "Daggerfall Workshop" folder (in your user's directory, where your player.log is) and start DFU again, letting it rebuild all its setting. It will also ask you again for your arena2 folder; point it to the correct one (use the data files provided in the thread I linked).

Create a new character.

Directly in Privateer's hold, hit F5 and take a screenshot of your skills and stats (screeenshot key is F8).

Upload this, together with your new player.log, DFTFU_Environment.log and settings.ini.

KrypticCypher

Post by KrypticCypher »

Omg this worked Thank you so much I didnt even think of deleting the daggerfall workshop folder must have had some stuff left over from previous installs on my pc