A question about vampires

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
andromacus

A question about vampires

Post by andromacus »

Hello,

every time I face a vampire, as first thing he casts a spell on my player. The spell does not do absolutely nothing; I get a yellow icon on the bottom left of the screen and periodically I get the message "Save versus spell made", which means a spell is active. However I'm not losing any point, nor any of my statistics is decreased. Could someone please explain me what this is about?

Thank you!

Jay_H

Re: A question about vampires

Post by Jay_H »

I get the message "Save versus spell made", which means a spell is active.
Save vs Spell means your character resisted the effect. It comes from Dungeons and Dragons, where you would roll dice to "save against" a spell effect; if your dice were superior, you suffered nothing.

Vampires are infamous for their Sleep spell in DFU. I've seen people fall asleep after just two castings of the spell, which means instant death. If you aren't suffering from this yet, you will!

andromacus

Re: A question about vampires

Post by andromacus »

Thanks as usual Jay_H, answer after answer you're making my culture about DFU increasing! :)