(0.13.2 beta) Flickering when using fullscreen

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Gravitus

(0.13.2 beta) Flickering when using fullscreen

Post by Gravitus »

Hey folks,

I made a GitHub issue about this but apparently this is the right place to mention it.

If I go into the "Controls" menu and then back out to the pause menu, there is a brief moment of the UI flashing magenta.
The same thing happens if I Alt-Tab out of the game and later return to it. The UI flashes for just a few frames in this case.

This only happens when fullscreen is selected in DFU options, Exclusive Fullscreen is off. This also started happening with 0.13.2 only, old version works fine.
It's not a gamebreaking bug but if something between the game and/or graphics driver is producing issues I think it should be mentioned anyway.

I'm on Win 10 x64, 64-bit DFU, GPU is an R9 270X with the driver 21.5.2.

Interkarma

Re: (0.13.2 beta) Flickering when using fullscreen

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for reposting on forums. It sounds like the post process volume or one of the layers might be involved. I'm not able to reproduce here - maybe something unique to AMD?

Hopefully with some more feedback from other players we can pin this down and work out the cause and a fix.

Daedro

Post by Daedro »

Flickering also happens for me, only indoors in city, not in dungeons.

I tested the problem in 13.2 version, 12.3 is fine. And it happens only with distant terrain mod for me. Without mods/or without distant terrain i don't have any flickering. And i noticed today it didn't happened in exclusive fullscreen(would be nice to see option in game settings), and as soon as i switching through alt+enter from exclusive to window, it start to flicker again. Also, what fixes it, switching temporarily hud through F10.

core 2 quad q8400
gtx 460 1 gb
8 gb ram

Daedro

Post by Daedro »

Small update from my side, first of all, i noticed only today that problem happened in dungeon aswell for me, so i was wrong in my first post about this. It only took the time to finally finish main story for the first time to track this :D
Updated just now enhanced sky and distant terrain, and it started flickering outdoors. If i turn off this two mods(happens if either of them is turned on), everything is ok, other huge list of mods seems not cause it, at least i ran exact same save for few minutes and it didn't happened. Also with F10 i saw only sky flickering, lol(at the moment, with distant terrain turned on only). idk if it's exclusive to new mods versions or not, can test and downgrade it later, it's way too late atm.
This is definitely weird, it's not constant or always flickering, i noticed depends on camera angle how often it flickers. And another time it started to flicker way more while i was googling on second monitor...
The only thing that still fixes it perfectly, is exclusive fullscreen.