Errors in Books

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Eksevis

Errors in Books

Post by Eksevis »

I'm not entirely sure this is technically a "bug", as I know the original TES games were always full of stuff like this, but considering this is a fan remake/remaster of an old game, I think it should be addressed;

There are loads of capitalization, formatting and occasionally spelling errors in multiple books that I feel should be "officially" patched in the Unity version.

Interkarma

Re: Errors in Books

Post by Interkarma »

Hey Eksevis, welcome to the forums. :)

I agree they should be corrected - but the problem is with the classic data files, not a bug in Daggerfall Unity. If you open the same book in classic Daggerfall, you'll notice identical bad formatting on the same lines.

At this time, Daggerfall Unity connects directly to the end user's Daggerfall installation, so they would need to patch the books at their end for this to happen. Until such a time Daggerfall Unity has a self-contained installer (which won't happen until well into beta stage), it's not really feasible for me to fix this globally.

If someone wants to start fixing the affected book files however, I'd be happy to host this as a mod for now.

Eksevis

Post by Eksevis »

I'd happily start this project. Where do I start?

P.S.
I think I found where all 111 books are stored, but apparently notepad++ isn't enough to edit them. So now I just need to know what tool to use.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »