Windows: Can't find Textures folder in StreamingAssets

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
ironmaskofhell

Windows: Can't find Textures folder in StreamingAssets

Post by ironmaskofhell »

Hey, I'm new to the daggerfall unity forums and I just wanted report a problem I have with daggerfall unity. I tried to install a texture pack and the instructions told me to unzip the texture pack into StreamingAssets/Textures. But when I look into the StreamingAssets folder I can only see Mods, Quest, and Tables folders, but not the Textures folder. I re-downloaded Daggerfall Unity again but I still don't have the Textures folder.

Jay_H

Re: Windows: Can't find Textures folder in StreamingAssets

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome to the forums! :) Sometimes the Textures folder won't exist and you'll need to make it yourself before placing the files. The creators have a topic here to help with installation: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=427

ironmaskofhell

Post by ironmaskofhell »

I made a textures folder in SteamingAssets and enable "Support for Graphical Mods" in Daggerfall Unity, but the textures won't show up. I'm using the DaggerXL texture pack just made by King of Worms.
Last edited by ironmaskofhell on Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ziune Wolf

Post by Ziune Wolf »

When you first boot up Daggerfall Unity, also make sure that the "Support for Graphical Mods" option is turned on. That's another quick troubleshooting step.

ironmaskofhell

Post by ironmaskofhell »

But I did enable the "Support for Graphical Mods".

Ziune Wolf

Post by Ziune Wolf »

Oh, sorry. I didn't see where you checked that off.

Make sure that you don't have any subfolders within your textures folder. Originally, after you unzip the textures, there are subfolders for each of the contributors. Copy and paste the contents of each of these subfolders into your Textures folder for Daggerfall Unity and it should work.

Also, note that unless you are in a town or near a dungeon, the new textures will not be present at this time. If you're in the wilderness, Daggerfall Unity will use the classic textures.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Hi ironmaskofhell, please provide some more informations. Which textures fail to show up? Trees, terrains, people etc. Did you try them all? Double check that you aren't confusing similar textures in different regions.

ironmaskofhell

Post by ironmaskofhell »

All the textures fail to show up. The trees, terrains, people etc. I'm in the city of Daggerfall in the Daggerfall province. I don't know why this is not working.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

ironmaskofhell wrote:Hey, I'm new to the daggerfall unity forums and I just wanted report a problem I have with daggerfall unity. I tried to install a texture pack and the instructions told me to unzip the texture pack into StreamingAssets/Textures. But when I look into the StreamingAssets folder I can only see Mods, Quest, and Tables folders, but not the Textures folder. I re-downloaded Daggerfall Unity again but I still don't have the Textures folder.

You have to put the file ending in dfmod in the Mods folder..should look like this...post some screens up here so I can see what you see, I'll try and help you get thru this if the previous doesn't work.
Hope this helps, you still gotta activate in from the launcher front end too, so if it's not showing up, do like I said.
Attachments
inside DaggerfallUnity_Data
inside DaggerfallUnity_Data
Desktop 08.18.2017 - 21.49.16.02.png (53.78 KiB) Viewed 4529 times
inside Streamingassets
inside Streamingassets
Desktop 08.18.2017 - 21.49.20.03.png (37.66 KiB) Viewed 4529 times
In the Mods folder
In the Mods folder
Desktop 08.18.2017 - 21.49.39.04.png (60.86 KiB) Viewed 4529 times
Check out my YouTube Channel!

quasifex

Post by quasifex »

Hey, ironmaskofhell, here are instructions how to make this work manually.

1. Download Texture Pack v0.2 here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7IyaN ... E4STA/view
2. Create a folder named "Textures" in your "...\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\" folder.
3. Unzip contents of the Texture Pack v0.2.rar in "Textures" folder. Now you should have folders named "1 - General Textures (Contributors)", "2 - Terrain Flats (Jman0war)" and so on.
4. Go inside each of these folders, select all the files and press Ctrl+X to cut them to clipboard
5. Go to Textures folder again and press Ctrl+V to paste texture files from clipboard.
6. Now you must have a bunch of files in your Textures folder with names like X_Y-Z.png
7. Start the game and enable "Support for Graphical Mods"
8. Enjoy!