Long Sword is french [NON-DFU CAUSE]

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Jay_H

Long Sword is french [NON-DFU CAUSE]

Post by Jay_H »

I'm not sure where the error would come from, but the "long sword" is in french. I haven't found any other equipment this happens with.
Last edited by Jay_H on Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

Interkarma

Re: Vengeance 78 Linux: Long Sword is french

Post by Interkarma »

Is this an imported character (one you found on the web)? I'd say the item was generated from someone playing with French version of Daggerfall installed and item name was imported along with character.

If you didn't experience this in #77 or earlier, it could be related some recent item name changes. Should be easy enough to resolve in any case.

Jay_H

Re: Vengeance 78 Linux: Long Sword is french

Post by Jay_H »

Uh, yeah, I messed up on this one :? I didn't notice it until now. My fault, sorry.

Interkarma

Re: Vengeance 78 Linux: Long Sword is french [NON-DFU]

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks Jay, appreciate the follow-up. You're an amazing tester and this is still something that needs to be fixed sometime I reckon. :)

Narf the Mouse

Re: Long Sword is french [NON-DFU CAUSE]

Post by Narf the Mouse »

A hilarious amount of the words for specific types or styles of sword quite literally mean "sword" in the original language, or so it seems.

Or to quote Sir Terry Pratchett, "Mt. Your Finger, You Fool". :lol:
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.