#83 Win10 Have to Reload for Quest to advance.

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
NecroViolator

#83 Win10 Have to Reload for Quest to advance.

Post by NecroViolator »

Was doing the 6 Giants Quest for Fighters Guild and I found and killed 1 Giant.
Went to exit, saved by Exit. Googled some Console Commands found only Help.
Loaded up my last save by Exit and the last 5 Giants spawned after each other for some reason.

I wasted hours looking for them and went 99% everywhere.
Then when Reloading they showed up, spawning around 1-2 at a time so I killed them all.
Got all 6 but had to reload.

Thanks.

Interkarma

Re: #83 Win10 Have to Reload for Quest to advance.

Post by Interkarma »

That particular quest spawns giants around player on a very slow timer with a low random chance. Best strategy is just to clear a space then rest for several hours at a time. The giants will spawn nearby, interrupting your rest.

Exploration is fairly futile in this one as giants aren't pre-stashed in dungeon. The only variables driving progress is chance over time.

Considering how rubbish this classic script is, I'll make a note to increase the frequency of giant spawns so it's a bit more achievable. I'm not sure this one is a bug, it's just a terrible quest. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I've changed this quest and the almost identical harpy quest to increase spawn rate.

Previously this would tick every 30 in-game minutes with a 30% chance of success each time. I've changed this to tick every 15 in-game minutes with a 50% chance of success. Updated quest scripts will be deployed with next builds.

NecroViolator

Post by NecroViolator »

Thank you sir :)