17 vid files to copy to arena 2

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Omnischild

17 vid files to copy to arena 2

Post by Omnischild »

I could use some help. First where do I locate these 17 vid files and any other file needed? And second, do I copy them to the arena 2 file located in DFCD or in DAGGER. I am using the Cdrom version I downloaded from Bethesda and I am currently using DOSBOX to play. WIndows 8

Jay_H

Re: 17 vid files to copy to arena 2

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome to the forums!

Someone more expert than I may be able to answer that, so sorry in advance. But if you can download it, I highly recommend the Daggerfall Setup version instead of the Bethesda one. It'll do everything required for DFU to run, with no copying files around. (It's also better for just running classic Daggerfall.) You can leave all settings on default if you're not sure what to add or not.

Interkarma

Re: 17 vid files to copy to arena 2

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome. :)

After you have extracted, fully installed, and patched Bethesda's version of the game in DOSBox (you still need to do all this), the next step is to copy all the *.VID files from your unzipped DFCD\DAGGER\ARENA2 into the live ARENA2 folder wherever you installed the game.

It's honestly much easier to use either DaggerfallSetup, the GOG version, or DaggerfallGameFiles.zip I supply on Live Builds page.

I have no idea why Bethesda released such a poorly packaged and inconvenient option for players to experience classic Daggerfall. Even just to setup and play the classic game, it's a huge pain. DaggerfallSetup and GOG are the best standalone distributions by a country mile.