Question about lighting and melee control

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Jammer

Re: Question about lighting and melee control

Post by Jammer »

TheLacus wrote:Ifkopifko is correct. Alternatively, you can disable all mods globally from game settings and it shouldn't load textures anymore.
Is this done from the launch screen or is it some configuration file? I've tried disabling the mods individually, and also un-checking "Support for graphical mods" but it still shows up.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

That's the one. I just checked and i think the texture in your screenshot is 123.2, which has no metallicgloss map but an xml file. It's called 123_2-0.xml, so remove it or lower smoothness from current 0.7 :) Of course this may have negative effects on reflection mod functionalities, just saying that this is probably where gloss is coming from.

Jammer

Post by Jammer »

TheLacus wrote:That's the one. I just checked and i think the texture in your screenshot is 123.2, which has no metallicgloss map but an xml file. It's called 123_2-0.xml, so remove it or lower smoothness from current 0.7 :) Of course this may have negative effects on reflection mod functionalities, just saying that this is probably where gloss is coming from.
Removing the texture folder did work, thanks. Not sure if my reflections mod was working correctly anyway, usually the water doesn't appear reflective I think only one time I saw it.