Daggerfall Unity Doesn't Start Up (Windows 10)

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
danmanx

Daggerfall Unity Doesn't Start Up (Windows 10)

Post by danmanx »

I'm running Windows 10 and I'm running on an older gaming laptop. I have already edited the INI file as per the PDF to my game location and my save location. It doesn't work. It starts in a minimized state that won't let me open, but I do hear music. Any help or suggestions is fully appreciated.

I've also tried the daggerfallsetup complete file and the google drive stripped down files. I've also tried the 32-bit windows version and the 64-bit. They're all doing the same thing.

Interkarma

Re: Daggerfall Unity Doesn't Start Up (Windows 10)

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums danmanx :)

If you can, please delete the INI and use the startup wizard to set your Daggerfall game files path. This will verify the target folder for validity and let you know if certain key files are missing.

If that still doesn't work, please grab a copy of the output log and email to me. In Windows "output_log.txt" it's saved to the DaggerfallUnity_Data folder (near the .exe). This will contain your system specs and any errors encountered at startup. Cheers.

danmanx

Re: Daggerfall Unity Doesn't Start Up (Windows 10)

Post by danmanx »

Thanks for the help, Interkarma!

Unfortunately, it appears my old gaming laptop is too old. I will run it on my regular gaming machine, which has several times more video card RAM.

Thanks anyway! I still look forward to playing it!