Can't get past the directory setup screen

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
AlanTalbor

Re: Can't get past the directory setup screen

Post by AlanTalbor »

Interkarma wrote:Thanks man. I'll take another look at the latest DaggerfallSetup.

Do you recall if you installed with all default settings (so I can reproduce)?
No, i put all on the highest settings. I don't have any mods. The sky moves so weird that it makes me dizzy. What settimgs do you mean exactly?

I installed a few mods and everything works fine.
Last edited by AlanTalbor on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I'm talking about DaggerfallSetup, your source of the game files. Do you recall if you changed any of the setup options when installing through DaggerfallSetup, or did you accept all default options? This helps me reproduce your issue and eliminate the problem you experienced in future.

For the sky, grab the Enhanced Sky mod from released mods page. It can be more comfortable than classic's fake sky, which was never designed to be used in widescreen.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=456

The next round of builds also contain an incremental improvement to fake sky that helps keep the horizons stuck together between 2D sky background and geometry in the foreground.

AlanTalbor

Post by AlanTalbor »

Interkarma wrote:I'm talking about DaggerfallSetup, your source of the game files. Do you recall if you changed any of the setup options when installing through DaggerfallSetup, or did you accept all default options? This helps me reproduce your issue and eliminate the problem you experienced in future.

For the sky, grab the Enhanced Sky mod from released mods page. It can be more comfortable than classic's fake sky, which was never designed to be used in widescreen.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=456

The next round of builds also contain an incremental improvement to fake sky that helps keep the horizons stuck together between 2D sky background and geometry in the foreground.
You mean the DaggerfallSetup zip file you told me to download? I used the default.