Quests are completed immediately

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Qwensdai

Quests are completed immediately

Post by Qwensdai »

Hi all!

I just started playing today and after arriving in Daggerfall I went to the fighters guild and chose the get quest item. I then tried to talk to him again after exiting the dialogue and the quest completed it's self. Any one else had this bug?

Interkarma

Re: Quests are completed immediately

Post by Interkarma »

Hey Qwensdai welcome to the forums. :)

This little problem is a quest scripting issue extant from classic Daggerfall. As Daggerfall Unity executes the same quest scripts this flaw is also present here.

I've fixed up a few of these quests, but not all. The Fighters guild is particularly bad for this issue. If anyone is keen to work through these quests and clean them up, I've written a tutorial on how to correctly script quest completion. That thread also has a little more detail on the issue.

if someone is keen, I'd be happy to take a PR on the quest scripts to solve any classic bugs like this. :)

Jay_H

Re: Quests are completed immediately

Post by Jay_H »

If we speak of specific quests, I might find time for it. (No guarantees, but I can try to be on call.)