How to locate random buildings for quests

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
PlayerOfArmor

How to locate random buildings for quests

Post by PlayerOfArmor »

For some quests, you are required to go to an unmarked building in some random town. So far I've seen this happen in some random fighter's guild quests - these happen to complete automatically for some reason; and in the "Stronghold of the Blades" Underking line quest - this should be functional, I suppose. In original DF, to locate this building, you had to question local townsfolk and they'll eventually point to the location on your map. But I don't see this line in DFU dialogues.

Is this correct behaviour? As far as I've understood, the dialogue system is not fully implemented, so I understand why this option is missing. Should I bump into every grey building and see if it got marked on the map to complete the quest? Or should I speak to each building dweller to see if he advances the quest?
Last edited by PlayerOfArmor on Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hazelnut

Re: How to locate random builkdings for quests

Post by Hazelnut »

Press shift+tab to pop up the quest debugger and you will see markers for quest buildings... while the game is still in development this is only way.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods