prefabs don't work

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
CoalZombik

prefabs don't work

Post by CoalZombik »

Hello,
I have a problem. I imported the Daggerfall Tools for Unity.unitypackage and I wanted to insert DaggerfallUnity.prefab into the scene and it was not. All files in the folder .prefab Prefabs not work, but in the folder Resources is LocationBeacon.prefab functional.

Thank you for the advice.
CoalZombik

edit: screenshot of my problem
error.png
error.png (27.24 KiB) Viewed 4329 times

Interkarma

Re: prefabs don't work

Post by Interkarma »

Hey CoalZombik, welcome to the forums! :)

To be sure this wasn't a problem with the zip package, I just re-downloaded and imported into a new project. All of the prefabs are working normally here.

Could you let me know your OS and the exact version of Unity you're running and I will test that config. Also, did you receive any errors while importing the .assetpackage?

CoalZombik

Post by CoalZombik »

I tried again to download and import it into a new project, but it didn't help.

I use Windows 8 updated to 8.1 (64bit) HP OEM license. I tried it on Unity 5.0.0f4 FREE and Unity 4.6.0f3 FREE. In both versions Unity is the same problem.

edit: When extract it without any errors.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for the information.

Daggerfall Tools for Unity 1.3 and later is made to take full advantage of Unity 5 (4.6 and earlier are no longer supported). The last time I tested with Unity 5.0 the assetpackage was working OK. I'll setup a test environment with your exact version to confirm, and resolve if possible.

In any case, it's worth upgrading to the latest version of Unity (currently 5.1.2). It's a bit more stable and bug-free than the very original 5.0.0f4 release. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Update. I have confirmed from tests (and multiple forum posts) that Unity prefabs saved in 5.0.1 or later are broken in 5.0.0.

You should be fine if you just update Unity to a later version. The original 5.0.0f4 release was pretty buggy to start with. I will also make a note on the download page.

Thanks for your feedback. :)

CoalZombik

Post by CoalZombik »

After the update Unity everything works. Thank you for solving my problem.

CoalZombik