Where to get the Unity-program

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Reskal

Where to get the Unity-program

Post by Reskal »

Hi there,

i saw the pictures of Daggerfall Unity and it looks awesome, would like to try it out, but i dont know where to get it.
I will install Daggerfall from GOG, and i have been on the Downloads-page and from there on i found nothing.
Above is mentioned "Live builds"..is DaggerfallGameFiles.zip the complete unity program i just need to drop into the Daggerfall file ?
Im confused because if so, its listed in "Getting Daggerfall".
If im wrong, pls show me where i can download Unity..and how to install it at best too.

Thanks in advance,

Reskal

delvisomanda

Re: Where to get the Unity-program

Post by delvisomanda »

You don't need the unity program, all you need is a copy of daggerfall and install the build that suit you best:

http://www.dfworkshop.net/projects/dagg ... ve-builds/
Currently translating Daggerfall into Spanish.

Reskal

Post by Reskal »

and then just throw the download into the main file of daggerfall ?

delvisomanda

Post by delvisomanda »

No, when you start DFU for the first time, you have to select the folder where is classic daggerall installed.
Currently translating Daggerfall into Spanish.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hey Reskal! Here's an overview of steps:
  1. Get a working copy of Daggerfall. I have a few suggestions on the Live Builds page. If in doubt, download DaggerfallGameFiles.zip and extract them somewhere like C:\Daggerfall for example.
  2. Download latest version of Daggerfall Unity from Live Builds page. Unzip this somewhere (like your Desktop for example).
  3. The first time you run DaggerfallUnity.exe, you'll need to point it to your Daggerfall install (e.g. browse to C:\Games\Daggerfall). When you have a valid path, the browser UI will turn green.
That's pretty much it! Just need to point Daggerfall Unity to a valid set of game files. :)

Reskal

Post by Reskal »

Thanks all, had a hard time to find the builds, but they were in all the links under Windows, Linux and Mac. Started playing already, its just great ! :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Awesome! I'm happy you were able to get up and running. :)