Cannot open console

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Reskal

Cannot open console

Post by Reskal »

Sorry, i would prefer a chat to bother with all my questions..well..i read in the manual that the backquote opens the spellmaker UI. Background is i want to get MARK and RECALL spells to be able to recall to the dungeon entrance when found what im in for, and since the spellmaker and -seller in guild do not work yet, i need the spellmaker UI.
Have a german keyboard here so its another position but not sure if that matters, when i press the ´ key ingame, nothing happens, ` doesnt do the trick also.
Hammering all keys didnt help too ;)
Any hint on this ?

(btw the skeletons give me no chance, im lvl 2 now and have leather and chain armor, long blade 38, steel long sword but i can make 1-2 hits before i die, keeping them on distance is nearly impossible, they stay near you like a bad reputation)

Feralwarlord

Re: Cannot open console

Post by Feralwarlord »

console is the ~ key or at least that's how I always remember it or though ` is also on the same key (on us keyboards at least anyway)

delvisomanda

Post by delvisomanda »

If you have a US keyboard, then is how Feralwarlord said, but if you have an ES keyboard, then you can open it with "ñ"
Currently translating Daggerfall into Spanish.

Reskal

Post by Reskal »

delvisomanda wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:48 pm If you have a US keyboard, then is how Feralwarlord said, but if you have an ES keyboard, then you can open it with "ñ"
Germany here, so i guess i have a EU-keyboard. Tried "-" with str, alt..nothing. But how do i make the symbol you posted ? Looks spanish anyhow ? Is it a n ?^(would it be so painful just to take a normal key with ALT instead of hieroglyphs ?)

Reskal

Post by Reskal »

For all european/german users with the same problem, "ö" is the answer.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Dang, that seems like a very obscure key for Unity to map to the "Backquote" input. I'll have to see what I can do about this.

Thank you for posting the answer. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

The key you're looking for isn't hyphen -, but tilde `. On an English keyboard it's to the left of the 1, but I don't know a German keyboard.

EDIT: Look how late I am! :)

Reskal

Post by Reskal »

Interkarma wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:42 pm Dang, that seems like a very obscure key for Unity to map to the "Backquote" input. I'll have to see what I can do about this.

Thank you for posting the answer. :)
Yvw, gameplay is so much more comfortable and interesting when playing Unity, like to help if i can, even if its such a small thing. Glad i found you guys, Daggerfall is my favorite game in this genre, and the reason i love elder scroll games. Keep up the good work and thanks ! :)