Remastering Daggerfall

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Al-Khwarizmi

Re: Remastering Daggerfall

Post by Al-Khwarizmi »

Phobos Anomaly wrote: Besides, there's always someone who just wants to play as vanilla as possible, but with some graphical goodies.
I think the vanilla option is interesting for historical reasons, preserving a masterpiece like Daggerfall. I'd like to see both the vanilla option, and the supercharged option with improvements!

Aliem

Post by Aliem »

A remastering should maintain as much of the original as possible while fixing bugs. Big cosmetic or gameplay changes I think ought to be optional, but I'd love to see 3D models replace the flats eventually :)

Though - one thing - I really do think the minimal hud and mouselook control style should be made default :p

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

Oh man everytime i turn my head cool stuff is happening! keep up the good work interkarma! cant wait to start rolling characters.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Aliem wrote:A remastering should maintain as much of the original as possible while fixing bugs. Big cosmetic or gameplay changes I think ought to be optional, but I'd love to see 3D models replace the flats eventually :)

Though - one thing - I really do think the minimal hud and mouselook control style should be made default :p
Agreed! My impression is that many people are turned off Daggerfall by the pointer-based movement without knowing there's a mouse-look alternative, or that you can rebind the default keys. My plan is for the default view and bindings to be very similar to the demos I've released so far.
daggerdude wrote:Oh man everytime i turn my head cool stuff is happening! keep up the good work interkarma! cant wait to start rolling characters.
Cheers daggerdude. :) I'm looking forward to getting that first release with character creation out for you all.

Ledjlale

Post by Ledjlale »

By remastering Daggerfall, do you mean replacing the Daggerfall binary by an open-source project?

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Ledjlale wrote:By remastering Daggerfall, do you mean replacing the Daggerfall binary by an open-source project?
Welcome to the forums Ledjlale! Yes, that is essentially it. Daggerfall Unity runs off the Unity Engine & is open source, but uses Daggerfall assets from your local Daggerfall installation.

You can download the test build and try it out for yourself ;) Just keep in mind it's still very early in development, so it's just basic movement + combat right now.

Ledjlale

Post by Ledjlale »

Thanks for welcoming ;)
Well, if it is just about assets then it's great. I was afraid for being unable to correct bugs from the Daggerfall binary/engine ^^
I'm a senior developer in C++ and I know nothing about Unity and little about C# (I hate java-style formatting).
I'll wait for a bugtracker before contributing ;)

Roarke

Post by Roarke »

Can continents and islands be added now ?

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

i just wanted to leave a post to let u know how much i appreciate ur work
keep going like this , i can't wait to play it when it will be completed

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hi Daniel, thank you for the encouragement and welcome to the forums. :)