Remastering Daggerfall

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Aliem

Re: Remastering Daggerfall

Post by Aliem »

This is fantastic news! I've been following DaggerXL's development for as long as it's been around, but began losing hope that a real Daggerfall remaster would ever happen.

Arl

Post by Arl »

BY THE NINE! Things just can't get better!

I can't be thankful enough for your efforts and the amazing things other developers are making with your tools. I feel bad for not being able to help with anything, but thanks to this I'm motivated again, so I will resume my HD remakes of Daggerfall's assets.

charlieg

Post by charlieg »

Really great news. I think this could be the way to really ignite the community passion. As you say, too many probably come here then find nothing immediately for them aside from screenshots and future promise.

Aliem

Post by Aliem »

My coding skills are nil, but I'd like to contribute in some way. Maybe I'll give a crack at redrawing some flats in higher resolution.
If Phobos is around, I'd love to pick his brain about that :)

FlinchCat

Post by FlinchCat »

This is now the best thing from Australia. Thank you. I still need to set up a Windows partition, but once I do I'm going to try as hard as possible to be involved.

Arl

Post by Arl »

[quote="Aliem"]My coding skills are nil, but I'd like to contribute in some way. Maybe I'll give a crack at redrawing some flats in higher resolution.
If Phobos is around, I'd love to pick his brain about that :)[/quote]

I don't know what do you mean by "picking my brain about that" (sorry, English isn't my mother tongue), but feel free to remake anything you want.

Daggerfall graphical assets are vast, so any contribution count, I'm going to continue my goal of remaking the UI graphics, here's an example of what I mean by that: http://phobosa.deviantart.com/art/Dager ... _changes=1

Aliem

Post by Aliem »

[quote="Phobos Anomaly"][quote="Aliem"]My coding skills are nil, but I'd like to contribute in some way. Maybe I'll give a crack at redrawing some flats in higher resolution.
If Phobos is around, I'd love to pick his brain about that :)[/quote]

I don't know what do you mean by "picking my brain about that" (sorry, English isn't my mother tongue), but feel free to remake anything you want.

Daggerfall graphical assets are vast, so any contribution count, I'm going to continue my goal of remaking the UI graphics, here's an example of what I mean by that: http://phobosa.deviantart.com/art/Dager ... _changes=1[/quote]
It means I'd like to chat with you about how you make your artwork; I think your stuff should be the basis for any high-ressing. :)

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Excellent!
But on the XL Forums I have seen much more different processing interface.
For example, there was a quest Journal and all was be more like another TES games. It will be like small demonstration on flash or something... I don't remember. It was Lazaroth's Modern UI! Yeah, that was cool.

epicurius7

Post by epicurius7 »

Well, this was inevitable.

Looks like I better start practicing my flat upscaling again too...

Arl

Post by Arl »

Indeed, a different and better inventory is inevitable (luckily), among other changes to the user interface, but having all the vanilla assets remastered to a better glory makes a good starting point for other additions that may take advantage of high resolutions.

Besides, there's always someone who just wants to play as vanilla as possible, but with some graphical goodies.

[quote="epicurius7"]Well, this was inevitable.

Looks like I better start practicing my flat upscaling again too...[/quote]

Oh yes, those upscalings of yours are fabulous.