Back On Deck for 2016

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Interkarma

Back On Deck for 2016

Post by Interkarma »

Happy New Year everyone! I'm back from holidays and almost on top of my RL workload again. That means a whole new round of updates to Daggerfall Unity and DFTFU are about to begin. I've picked up where I left off last year with the item and inventory system, and will be posting more on this shortly.

Sometime in the next few weeks, I'll start adding new test builds leading up to the 0.2 release. Key features of 0.2 will be:
  • Basic inventory system and loot tables. Import items from classic saves.
  • Travel map interface (by LypyL).
  • Dungeon and interior automap interface (by Nystul).
  • More bug fixes and incremental updates.
  • Some more community resources for contributors.
I've also made a small new year's resolution to post more technically-minded articles in 2016, as I let this slip with all the rapid-fire updates leading to 0.1. It was quite a shift for me going from pure tool development to building a game, and I rather miss just talking about what I'm working on.

Thanks for all your patience during the holiday season. I look forward to reading your feedback with the next round of updates.

Nystul

Re: Back On Deck for 2016

Post by Nystul »

great that you are back. ;)
can't wait to read your articles - always an interesting read!
btw, I am polishing the reflections mod. as soon as you find the time is right to incorporate it in a test build let me know and I will intensify my efforts to reach a point where I can do a final pull-request with the latest improvements ;) although, take your time and decide when the right time has come to do so ;)

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Welcome back! :)
Nystul wrote:can't wait to read your articles - always an interesting read!
Yes, I've been missing them myself! It's great to hear. "polishing the reflections mod" - nice pun :lol:

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Yay! Now after that not so much remains to fully working game.

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Inventory and dungeon maps are going to be awesome, can't wait.

CyberWilhelm

Post by CyberWilhelm »

Awesome!

I didn't have nearly the time I was hoping to over holiday break. Hoping that I can get a few more small things contributed before long.

Arl

Post by Arl »

I'll be waiting for your new build as eager as always. And as tired and about to fall asleep in front of the PC as always.
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.