June Builds - Map Upgrades, Retro Rendering, Crime Features, and More!

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Jay_H

Re: June Builds - Map Upgrades, Retro Rendering, Crime Features, and More!

Post by Jay_H »

Don't overwrite a DFU install. They always go into a new folder. From the Live Builds page:
These are complete standalone builds - not upgrades. Always unzip new builds to their own folder or fully delete old installation first.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

pango wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:21 am Even if I monitor progress almost on a day-to-day basis, I'm still impress by the amount of work achieved in a month (once again)
Exactly, plus this version appears extraordinary beefy to me, crazy progress in just one month!
Thank you all!!!!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

comradesean

Post by comradesean »

I love the support the purists here are getting with this month's update. I remember seeing that df unity supported importing classic saves, but I was wondering does it work the other way around?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Classic Daggerfall can't run DFU saves, no.

NoobioDF

Post by NoobioDF »

Just wanted to say that the DevBlog articles are always well written and seem to always show there is more to the improvements and changes than even at first noticed from the patch notes.

The Dungeon Map truly works much better. Classic MIni-Map is a great addition. But all the things added and explained by the DevBlog are amazing. Like changing the pivot point for the rotation, right double-click controls to do things, easier note placement. This all on top of what is really smoother performance and easier to see and understand.

Thanks much to Interkarma for his usual quality DevBlog. Makes these updates even more amazing.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you for the kind words. I'm always happy to hear when someone enjoys reading the devblogs. :)

Something that makes me a bit sad: this intensity of updates can only last a few more months. The end of the core roadmap is fast approaching, then we switch more into maintenance mode and updates will be all about incremental refinements and bug fixes. That's awesome and important, but I'm not sure it's very exciting to read about. I think all the excitement will shift onto the greater community and mods they create.

I've already told everyone I'm starting work on a new game by year's end, but it's not like I'm disappearing from here anytime soon. I'll just need a transition period to work out where I fit as DFU starts to grow without me. It's hard to believe this moment is really so close now.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Interkarma wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:23 am It's hard to believe this moment is really so close now.
Indeed it is, I hope I will not be too sad when the game is finally ready :lol:
Im glad I could have witnessed this project since v0.2, it was truly epic!

I remember you did a spoken interview back than, would be cool to do another one when the game is finished .)

stampedo

Post by stampedo »

Lots of great QoL and features improvements! Thanks to the team for their hard work, can't wait to see what the future holds :)

Reskal

Post by Reskal »

I actually read the June news and i'm once more happy about you guys making Daggerfall shine like a diamond hit by a sun ray, all those great and well-thought features.
The second shiny diamond is that you don't take money for it, because this behaviour is as noble and oldschool as the game itself.
Those good old days where internet was fascinating and so much more solidaric then it is today with all that donations and kickstarting and stuff. And advertisement, yuck.
Anyway, Daggerfall is my favorite game since more then 20 years, it always had a special place in my heart because of itself and same importance: no other game had this oldschool atmosphere, no other game gave me the feeling to be just a part of this world, one adventurer of many( not a very worse one i hope) and to find ancient and unseen treasures and dungeons, the pure adventure. And the fun of skilling and working at your char and your equipment.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart, you all coders, Devs, scripters are wonderful and i hope God and destiny will give you much better things then money for making this game.