Questing Part 1 - Source

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Interkarma

Questing Part 1 - Source

Post by Interkarma »

First article in a series about the quest system in Daggerfall Unity.

http://www.dfworkshop.net/questing-part-1-source/

LorrMaster42

Re: Questing Part 1 - Source

Post by LorrMaster42 »

Looks nice! How much knowledge of Unity do you think it will take to make a custom quest?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

No Unity experience required to create a custom quest. You won't even need a copy of the Unity editor installed, just a decent text editor.

If you're interested in this, you can get a head-start by downloading Template v1.11 from UESP. I'll be using the Template source format directly with only very minor changes. You can create quests for Daggerfall now and transfer those same skills (and quests) to Daggerfall Unity later with only a few adjustments. The documentation for Template is also very good, another reason to adopt that de facto standard.

Daggerfall Unity will eventually* have a "Quests" folder where you can drop new quests or edit existing quests.

* eventually being sometime around 0.4 stable

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I just cant wait for more, I watch this project for one year and the progress is amazing so far! Its sad for me that I cant help, as I have zero experience in Unity. I will try to get into it, but Im quite sure I will hit the brickwall as soon as I start Unity. I wish you the best luck with the dev process Interkarma and the Modders! Thanks for updates

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Key King of Worms! Thanks and welcome to the forums. :)