Daggerfall Unity 0.10.23

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
UnopenedCanofSpoopy

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.10.23

Post by UnopenedCanofSpoopy »

I've noticed that since the update you can no longer use a mark/recall mark separately from a mark/recall potion. Previously, I would use the former for creating an anchor at the dungeon exit, and then when my inventory runs out of space for loot, the latter to anchor to an area of a dungeon. That way I could zip back and forth to just keep unloading everything I pick off of enemies. Was this intended?

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

UnopenedCanofSpoopy wrote: ↑Sat May 09, 2020 10:44 pm I've noticed that since the update you can no longer use a mark/recall mark separately from a mark/recall potion. Previously, I would use the former for creating an anchor at the dungeon exit, and then when my inventory runs out of space for loot, the latter to anchor to an area of a dungeon. That way I could zip back and forth to just keep unloading everything I pick off of enemies. Was this intended?
"Fix Teleport Anchor persistence, Anchor now clears correctly after Teleport"

That's probably what you are seeing in action. What you were doing may have been a bug in this sense.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

The bug in question was making Anchor stick around when it shouldn't, then seemingly drop at random when the effect finally cleared it out. The correct behaviour was meant to clear Anchor whenever you Teleport (or set another Anchor) like classic.

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

mikeprichard wrote: ↑Sat May 09, 2020 10:19 pm Thank you, jefetienne! In future updates, will these controls eventually all be removed from the DFU settings "Gameplay" menu to make room there, or will they still be available in both the DFU Gameplay and Advanced controls menu as most of them currently are? Just curious; I have no strong preference myself.
I actually have no plans to remove them unless if Interkarma would like me to. I'm thinking it would be good though if we have something like 'next' and 'previous' buttons for the setup wizard so we can have multiple pages in a single tab.
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

jefetienne wrote: ↑Sun May 10, 2020 2:07 am I'm thinking it would be good though if we have something like 'next' and 'previous' buttons for the setup wizard so we can have multiple pages in a single tab.
I've been thinking the same, though I hadn't posted about it before - although the devs understandably don't want too many settings to maintain in any case, there may come a point fairly soon when some of the settings menus get a little too cluttered for every relevant option to fit on one screen. But for now, I think the available DFU and control settings are generally logically and conveniently placed, so no complaints.

Opcero

Post by Opcero »

having just connect my 48" home TV and with my XBox controller in hand in retro-rendering mode this is one of the best updates yet. Word to the wise for wizards, if you're planning on casting combat spells; remember that the final step is hitting your 'activate' button ('B' to open spell book, A to pick spell and close book then press 'A' again to activate.). "left trigger" to recast spells (using the recommended bindings) only works for non combat spells.

The only hint I'm missing is being able to change interactive mode...

DigitalMonk

Post by DigitalMonk »

Opcero wrote: ↑Mon May 11, 2020 6:56 pm Word to the wise for wizards, if you're planning on casting combat spells; remember that the final step is hitting your 'activate' button ('B' to open spell book, A to pick spell and close book then press 'A' again to activate.). "left trigger" to recast spells (using the recommended bindings) only works for non combat spells.
Just guessing here, but you should be able to 'left trigger' to prepare the combat spell and then A to select the target and release.

If that was what you meant, sorry for the spam... :oops:

Opcero

Post by Opcero »

Yes, that works for subsequent casts, but the initial cast necessitates opening the spellbook. For non combat spells I can just keep pulling LT to recast, but, at first, I was having difficulty casting 'shock' on the imp in privateers hold because I didn't understand I needed to confirm combat spells with a separate key press that shares a function with activating doors and Levers and such.

I *think* we aren't talking past each other πŸ˜‚

Or are you proposing opening the spellbook with the left trigger?

Freak2121

Post by Freak2121 »

Is it possible to use the 256 color palette without retro rendering? I'm curious how the game will look with the Enhanced Sky and Distant Terrain mods, except with the original colour scheme.

pango

Post by pango »

Not currently.
I've been working on improving the performance of the palettization shader, and the new version is extremely fast and should allow for higher resolutions with minimal overhead.
Another problem is the inherent difficulty to combine multiple cameras and postprocessing in Unity; At very least all cameras must be aware that some postprocessing is going on, to render to a renderTexture instead of directly to the screen. Mods will probably need to be modified to add such test (we could enumerate cameras and redirect them, but cameras can be used for all sort of effects so that seems like a bad approach). With Interkarma we're still working on related questions, and we haven't solved all the problems yet, so it may still take some time.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart