Daggerfall Classic Wiki (UESP)

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
mikeprichard

Re: Daggerfall Classic Wiki (UESP)

Post by mikeprichard »

FYI, as I just posted in the DFU wiki forum thread and as can be seen from my notes on that page's "history" tab, I just made some other corrections to the "Equipment" section, as well as some minor formatting consistency changes (changing notes wherever possible to your previous format "In Daggerfall,... (past tense)" / "In Daggerfall Unity,... (present tense)"). It's really coming together.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Make all the changes you want! I'll be the first to admit I'm no expert :D

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

I'm just following your lead! Over 20 years after first playing Daggerfall, I'm also still learning new stuff about it every time I check the forums.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Thanks to user l3lessed and many others, significant updates have now been made to the Stealth and Armor UESP wiki pages. However, as recently discussed in another topic (viewtopic.php?f=4&p=36672#p36672), a major overhaul of the UESP Magic and Spells (https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Magic_and_Spells) and related magic school subpages is needed. As now described in the first post of the current topic:

-"Magic and Spells"/"Alteration Spells"/"Destruction Spells"/"Illusion Spells"/"Mysticism Spells"/"Restoration Spells"/"Thaumaturgy Spells" pages: game testing and/or code data needed to correct and expand spell and related effect data, including:
1) list of every effect used in spells, with each associated with its unique magic school
2) lists of every spell within each school, with each associated with its component effect(s)/school(s)

EDIT: And will you look at this... a discussion I was involved in, no less. Senility's a terrible thing:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2392#p27926 (list of effects and related schools compiled by Jay_H and posted by Interkarma). I also think after further review that the existing UESP magic school subpages have enough info on spell names and related effects for the needed overhaul to be completed. Now I just need to find the time and energy to get this done. Could be a while, because the structure of the many related pages is a mess.

EDIT 2: Since I'm still on work travel for a few more days and bored out of my mind, I ended up starting and finishing the overhaul I planned for the various magic pages (https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Magic_and_Spells, all 6 linked magic school subpages, https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Spell_Maker, etc.). Among many other corrections, all spells and effects are now listed in their appropriate school(s), and a fair amount of explanatory detail has been added, although there's still probably some room to further describe a few of the effects. This will probably be all from me for a while on the wiki - I've rewritten about half of the classic Daggerfall UESP content over the past few months, so I think I've earned a little break. ;) I'll still check back on smaller items occasionally for the next little while, though. Enjoy the new wiki content!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Craaaazy. Excellent work, mike. Thanks for picking that up.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

And thanks for all your testing of the spells and effects - couldn't have got this done without that research.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Found a tiny mistake in Destruction spells. Wildfire is listed as "Area at Range" spell while it actually is "Target at Range" spell.
Last edited by Seferoth on Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Seferoth wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:12 am Found a tiny mistake in Destruction spells. Wildfire is listed as "Area at Range" spell while it actually is "Target at Range" spell.
So it is - fixed, and thank you!

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

mikeprichard wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:30 am
Seferoth wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:12 am Found a tiny mistake in Destruction spells. Wildfire is listed as "Area at Range" spell while it actually is "Target at Range" spell.
So it is - fixed, and thank you!
No, thank you! That was fast support. :). If i see some others i post them here too.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Please do - I have way too much time on my hands for the next few days, so I'll be checking around fairly often. Eventually I'd like to expand the information across the wiki (e.g. add comprehensive and accurate descriptions for all spell effects to the Daggerfall:Magic and Spells page), but for now, correcting errors in the existing content is my priority.