htc vive - omg

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Nystul

htc vive - omg

Post by Nystul »

10 days ago the htc vive arrived and I tested the hell out of it.
pretty amazing. also tested some rpg titles. vr rocks.
would be super nice to have daggerfall unity eventually support it. will be hard to make it work in such a way that it will not cause nausea. anyway after what I have seen in demos so far it should be possible to find navigation mechanics (like teleporting) that should make it feasable eventually.

Interkarma

Re: htc vive - omg

Post by Interkarma »

Jealous! :)

I'm hoping to start playing with VR sometime next year. What sold you on the Vive over another platform like Oculus? I haven't settled on a platform yet so interested in hearing about your experiences.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

being able to walk around was definitely helping in making the decision for vive. although I will also give the rift a try once they manage to get their shipping problems sorted out. ;)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Isn't walking around a disadvantage, though? Any Valve game (Portal, Half-Life) has a lot of walking down narrow hallways, to say nothing of the Elder Scrolls. How do you keep walking in your finite residence?

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

it works this way: small distances are usually walked indeed, longer distances are covered by teleporting mechanism - the thing is the interplay of both mechanisms works so incredible well that it is really amazing.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Or a Virtuix Omni.

But expense on expense...*Does not have one*
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

yeah, and still not available I think

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

They're selling it: http://www.virtuix.com/products/

Dunno if that's pre-order, though.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.