The Outer Worlds

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
ByteMixer

Re: The Outer Worlds

Post by ByteMixer »

I'm looking forward to diving into TOW next year after it gets some steam distribution (don't really want to deal with Epic store)

I generally like Obsidian's ideas. I just don't like it when the publisher rushes them and ending content gets cut (NWN 2, KOTOR 2) but when they get some real free reign, you get stuff like PoE and Tyranny. Tyranny, though a bit short, ended up being pretty good IMO. PoE, while I wasn't completely sold on the combat system, had some good quests, companions, and writing. Never played the 2nd one.

Have to see how Larian does with Baldur's Gate 3. D:OS was pretty good, and I generally like what they do.

I never played ME: Andromeda, don't want to, and DA:Inquisition was "okay" otherwise, Bioware is pretty dead to me.

Greedfall seems interesting, and a couple of my friends are really liking it (one of whom is a stickler for writing quality) but I don't know much about it.
"Whatever you do, make good art." - Neil Gaiman

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

D
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I think you guys should give ME Andromeda a go, I quite enjoyed it honestly, despite the outrage the game has caused.