Need some help with a couple of aspects of Daggerfall...

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
ReddMcKnight

Re: Need some help with a couple of aspects of Daggerfall...

Post by ReddMcKnight »

Jay_H wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:07 am
ReddMcKnight wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:55 am 1. Is the game supposed to be challenging by default, or is it possible I'm playing wrong? I selected "Axe" as my primary (major?) weapon skill, but it still feels like I miss the enemies frequently.
It depends on several factors, but your weapon skill is the main one. You usually need to be above 40ish skill to hit things with general accuracy. You can increase your Speed stat to compensate for it, since it'll make you swing much faster.
2. When exiting a building with 2 floors (like the Dark Brotherhood Guilds) from the 2nd floor, is the game supposed to put me inside the building sometimes (like, I'm outside, but I'm INSIDE the building's model) as a glitch? Is this even a well known glitch?
It was a bug, which was supposed to have been fixed several versions ago. What DFU version are you using?
I'm using Alpha 0.10.24. I grabbed it a few days ago.

pango

Post by pango »

Could be this bug, that still needs fixing:

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... ssues/1606
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

ReddMcKnight wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:55 am 1. Is the game supposed to be challenging by default, or is it possible I'm playing wrong? I selected "Axe" as my primary (major?) weapon skill, but it still feels like I miss the enemies frequently.
It depends on several factors, but your weapon skill is the main one. You usually need to be above 40ish skill to hit things with general accuracy. You can increase your Speed stat to compensate for it, since it'll make you swing much faster.
I feel it's also worth mentioning that weapon material also has a HUGE impact on toHit rolls. Get a better material weapon and you'll start hitting more. Which makes better material weapons almost always better, even if the damage numbers is the same or even slightly lower.
Also, Critical Hit skill gives a boost to toHit.

This can all be "fixed" with the mod Physical Combat Overhaul though, where your skill counts for more and your equipment mostly counts for damage output and armor penetration.

ReddMcKnight

Post by ReddMcKnight »

Ralzar wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:50 am
I feel it's also worth mentioning that weapon material also has a HUGE impact on toHit rolls. Get a better material weapon and you'll start hitting more. Which makes better material weapons almost always better, even if the damage numbers is the same or even slightly lower.
Also, Critical Hit skill gives a boost to toHit.

This can all be "fixed" with the mod Physical Combat Overhaul though, where your skill counts for more and your equipment mostly counts for damage output and armor penetration.
Where can I find this Mod, and do I need to start a New Game to make use of it?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

ReddMcKnight wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:04 am Where can I find this Mod, and do I need to start a New Game to make use of it?
Almost all mods for DFU are available on https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity

Here is a list of the mods I currently use as a starting point for what's out there: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3870

ReddMcKnight

Post by ReddMcKnight »

Ralzar wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:18 am
ReddMcKnight wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:04 am Where can I find this Mod, and do I need to start a New Game to make use of it?
Almost all mods for DFU are available on https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity

Here is a list of the mods I currently use as a starting point for what's out there: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3870
Thanks. My questions should be concluded for the time being. This is like a more complicated Morrowind, and I'm loving every minute of it. :)