Forums regression

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
pango

Forums regression

Post by pango »

I noticed something strange with bread crumb recently, subsections show up as single quotes:
bread crumb.jpg
bread crumb.jpg (7.08 KiB) Viewed 2022 times
Not sure if it happened before or after the recent maintenance that was announced on Twitter.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Jay_H

Re: Forums regression

Post by Jay_H »

Topics also display as though they were one page only, regardless of having many replies, and I seem to lose my log-in session very frequently.

I'm not complaining myself, just registering changes since yesterday(?).

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

The style needs phpbb 3.3.1 compatibility. Author comments indicate it won't be far away.

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... pic/221456

I'll add a compatible alternative style option soon as a workaround.

pango

Post by pango »

Thanks!
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Problems with breadcrumbs and page numbers should be resolved now.

If some problems persist please let me know. As a workaround, you can select the default "prosilver" style from User Control Panel. That should cover any remaining issues until full style has full PHPBB 3.3.1 compatibility.

pango

Post by pango »

I noticed sids being passed in URLs (instead of cookies before, I assume), which could be a reason for the more frequent required reauthentications Jay_H noticed...
Is it enforced by the upgrade (say, for security reasons), or is it an independent setting change?
-- Charles Goodhart

mcarss

Post by mcarss »

It seems I've lost the ability to change the style in my account settings. I'm looking for the dark theme that was available since yesterday.

Also, I just tested and the board still requires me to log in every time I close and open my browser.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Only "prosilver" and "flat" styles are available at this time. The old CA Black theme is beloved by me as it's very reminiscent of the original Workshop Forums style from early 2000s. Unfortunately not compatible with PHPBB 3.3 or later and cannot remain installed. I'll look for a replacement when I can with a similar look.

Not sure about not saying signed in. I'm not experiencing this one myself. Try clearing cookies for the site first and see if that helps. I'll look into what can cause this on hosting side and remediate as required. It's late here, so won't be for another day or so.

pango

Post by pango »

Talking about caches, after I forced a full reload of the main page the site lost its distinctive logo,
Logo.jpg
Logo.jpg (29.63 KiB) Viewed 1895 times
(top screenshot comes from archive.org)
That probably has to do with the styles upgrades/changes pain you describe
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Logo should be fixed now for all themes. Refresh with Ctrl+F5 if still seeing generic phpbb logo.

I've added a 3.3 compatible "black" theme with full width that should serve for now.

I've also changed security setting that logs out user session when IP address changes to only match first two quartets (A.B) instead of first three (A.B.C). This will hopefully reduce instances of forum sign-out. IP changes in the first two quartets will still result in session invalidation requiring sign in. Let me know if this continues and I'll investigate further.

Edit: Styles are now available to switch. Outlined steps in this topic. The "flat" style will remain default for guests and new users, but existing users might need to manually set this back in their UCP if they have reverted to prosilver.