Best starting character build?

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
tyhender

Best starting character build?

Post by tyhender »

Since I didn't find anything like "Daggerfall" section,I will post here.

So basically,what title says. What is the best possible build for starting character, and how to keep leveling-up it?
I created pretty good starting character ,but later he became really weak to stronger enemies.

Oh, and I guess other people already pointed that out, vanilla Daggerfall's difficulty is dramatically higher than Unity Daggerfall.

Jay_H

Re: Best starting character build?

Post by Jay_H »

I wrote a guide for strong character creation on the UESP, which you can find here. It may be self-explanatory but if you have any questions feel free to ask.

tyhender

Post by tyhender »

Yep,I have read this guide =D

I just realized that i Unity version mobs won't even hit you if you walk away. Making game super-easy to play... It just becomes punch-dodge,punch-dodge. First dungeon is waay easier. I remember I was walking in first dungeon for a hour finding way to exit, it was hard because of mobs. But in Unity version I explored whole dungeon in under 10 mins, as mobs are super easy.

jman0war

Post by jman0war »

In order to gain a level, the character must rest after any combination of the following skills have been increased 15 times:

The three Primary Skills
The highest two Major Skills
The highest Minor Skill
A Miscellaneous Skill with a greater value than the highest Major Skill or the highest Minor Skill

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Leveling_and_Skills
Find my Vibrant Terrain Flats mod at Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

tyhender wrote:I just realized that i Unity version mobs won't even hit you if you walk away. Making game super-easy to play... It just becomes punch-dodge,punch-dodge. First dungeon is waay easier. I remember I was walking in first dungeon for a hour finding way to exit, it was hard because of mobs. But in Unity version I explored whole dungeon in under 10 mins, as mobs are super easy.
Combat is still a future project in DF Unity. It's in a very basic form right now, but there'll be a lot of improvements to try to bring it more in line with vanilla later on.

Aliem

Post by Aliem »

tyhender wrote:Yep,I have read this guide =D

I just realized that i Unity version mobs won't even hit you if you walk away. Making game super-easy to play... It just becomes punch-dodge,punch-dodge. First dungeon is waay easier. I remember I was walking in first dungeon for a hour finding way to exit, it was hard because of mobs. But in Unity version I explored whole dungeon in under 10 mins, as mobs are super easy.
As Jay_H above me said, combat's still pretty basic. That's because Daggerfall Unity is still in its early stages. Maybe, though, if the original Daggerfall was too hard for you, difficulty adjustment mods could be made?

tyhender

Post by tyhender »

Aliem wrote:
tyhender wrote:Yep,I have read this guide =D

As Jay_H above me said, combat's still pretty basic. That's because Daggerfall Unity is still in its early stages. Maybe, though, if the original Daggerfall was too hard for you, difficulty adjustment mods could be made?
It isn't too hard for me :P I'm playing it for quite some time,and, difficulty is charm of the game,pretty much as all older games'.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

I would recommend against lockpicking. So, old-time story.

I always played without the lockpicking skill, and never had any real trouble with locked doors in dungeons. They were rare.

So I play-tested with lockpicking, and somehow (not sure if savegame hacktool or playing; probably a savegame hacktool) got my lockpicking skill to 100.

Magically-locked doors almost everywhere in dungeons.

...I didn't say it was a long story.

So, don't add lockpicking to your character; the game sets the chances of a dungeon door being locked/magically locked (and perhaps trapped; not sure, it's been a long while since then) based on your lockpicking skill.

Well, unless you're going to stay out of dungeons entirely and do Thief's Guild/Dark Brotherhood stuff.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.