What games would you like to see get the DFU treatment?

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
XJDHDR

Re: What games would you like to see get the DFU treatment?

Post by XJDHDR »

BadLuckBurt wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:06 pm I did manage to get Pharaoh in windowed mode using DxWnd but it was awkward to say the least.
You don't need DxWnd to do that. All I did was use the "window" option in Pharaoh's display options menu.
That said, I am using the widescreen patches that I have archived here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xjdhdr-random-code/files/Game_related_files/City_Building_Strategy_Games_Series_files/
Also, you need to run the game with 16-bit colours for it to work properly in a window. If you're running Win8 or later, you can just activate this option under the EXE's compatibility settings.

It would be very nice to see Pharaoh, Zeus and Emperor get a new engine though. Probably the best way would be by forking Augustus and adding the required mechanics. The Julius dev did say that around 1/3 of the game's code is walker mechanics and that there are many differences between even C3 and Pharaoh, let alone the later games.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:33 pm Betrayal At Krondor taught me to read english books and led me into the Reymond E Feists book series.

I’ve often wanted to try replaying it now that I actually know how to play rpgs and read english properly.
The developer of Betrayal did a small demo of an updated version but did not wish to step on Feist's toes I ran into Fiest at a convention some years back.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. DFU Ver. Alpha 0.10.7

13thsyndicate

Post by 13thsyndicate »

Blue Byte Studios' Albion. It's a sprite-based/3D hybrid RPG from the same era as Daggerfall, and IDEK if it needs any updating, but I'd love to see it get some love and maybe modernization in order to get it in front of peoples' eyes again. I know nobody else who's played it that hasn't done so because I told them they should. I'd also like to see some more love for the OpenApoc project, for modernizing, rebuilding, and adding back features lost in development for X-COM: Apocalypse after the success of the OpenXCOM project.