"Fallout - The Frontier" - Heads up

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
King of Worms

"Fallout - The Frontier" - Heads up

Post by King of Worms »

Just a info for fellow RPG game lovers and modders.

This is a whole game sized Fallout New Vegas mod.

You need New Vegas and some pre-requisities, but nothing too hard to do.
Its nicely explained here: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/68009?tab=posts

Fallout frontier Nexus main page https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/68009?tab=posts

Interkarma

Re: "Fallout - The Frontier" - Heads up

Post by Interkarma »

I've just learned about this. What a mindblowing effort. :shock:

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yup, its one of those big projects actually finished :)

It will need some time to be polished (they have 300 bug reports on Nexus, but many of those reports are from ppl who messed up their installation IMO)

I think these kinds of projects deserve to be mentioned. But they indeed have their spotlight now, even in the mainstream.
I hope when DFU is "final" it will get the same kind of recognition as well.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Fallout "Frontier" is pretty much worst big mod ever created. Stay away from it. Its disgustingly creepy as well.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yeah well there are two opinions about that. Thanks for sharing yours.

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Yes well there are certainly more than one opinion about this isn’t there. Thanks for opening this up for discussion. :D

Here’s my opinion: What I’ve seen and read about this mod confirms that I won’t be installing any time soon, as much as I’ve been looking forward to playing it. These mod authors put in so much effort into something I truly wanted to experience, yet my concerns outweigh my desire play it.

Here are my concerns:

1) There is an entire section of the mod with full quest, dialog and all, that involves Child Sex Slaves. You interact with this underage character and can turn her into Sex Slave, you can abuse her and have full on ‘fetish-style’ sexualized conversations. Here in the US, someone of 17 years of age and under, you are considered a child. Anything that involves and portrays children in a sexual manner is generally not tolerated by the law or by the culture. The character in the mod seems to have the purposeful appearance and behavior of a young teenager. The only thing that kind-of tells you she might be 18 years old is a card she has. But that’s the equivalent of a 14 year old with a T-Shirt that says “I’m 18 Years Old”. So the game has to tell you that she’s 18, but not really confirm. This is far too close to being very wrong that I have to avoid it.

2) One of the creators of the mod was banned from the project for posting Pedophilic art on social media. This of course shouldn’t reflect the work of the mod or the creators in general, but since there is Semi-Pedophilic content within the mod itself, this makes for a decent argument against the mod.

That’s my current perspective on this mod. No way am I installing it until they remove that content.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Just a heads-up guys - I'm more than happy for friendly discussion to continue over merits of this mod. I still haven't had a chance to download and I'm not across any of the controversy around it. I'm interested in hearing updates and viewpoints. Just keep it friendly, please (which so far it has been). :)

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:18 am Yes well there are certainly more than one opinion about this isn’t there. Thanks for opening this up for discussion. :D

Here’s my opinion: What I’ve seen and read about this mod confirms that I won’t be installing any time soon, as much as I’ve been looking forward to playing it. These mod authors put in so much effort into something I truly wanted to experience, yet my concerns outweigh my desire play it.

Here are my concerns:

1) There is an entire section of the mod with full quest, dialog and all, that involves Child Sex Slaves. You interact with this underage character and can turn her into Sex Slave, you can abuse her and have full on ‘fetish-style’ sexualized conversations. Here in the US, someone of 17 years of age and under, you are considered a child. Anything that involves and portrays children in a sexual manner is generally not tolerated by the law or by the culture. The character in the mod seems to have the purposeful appearance and behavior of a young teenager. The only thing that kind-of tells you she might be 18 years old is a card she has. But that’s the equivalent of a 14 year old with a T-Shirt that says “I’m 18 Years Old”. So the game has to tell you that she’s 18, but not really confirm. This is far too close to being very wrong that I have to avoid it.

2) One of the creators of the mod was banned from the project for posting Pedophilic art on social media. This of course shouldn’t reflect the work of the mod or the creators in general, but since there is Semi-Pedophilic content within the mod itself, this makes for a decent argument against the mod.

That’s my current perspective on this mod. No way am I installing it until they remove that content.
Don't forget the Lizard people sex scenes/characters. having sex with Death Claw quest, Or your character sexually harass npc's, or feet fetish scenes, leftist political propaganda, the whole "Enclave are Trump supporters" comment, etc. It also has one of the worst writing i have ever seen anywhere. By technical point of view it is a marvelous mod, but otherwise it is just awful.

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Thanks Interkarma! Sorry, sometimes my writing comes off harsh. I need to not get so heated.
Seferoth wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:31 am Don't forget the Lizard people sex scenes/characters. Or your character sexually harass npc's, or feet fetish scenes, leftist political propaganda, the whole "Enclave are Trump supporters" comment, etc. It also has one of the worst writing i have ever seen anywhere. By technical point of view it is a marvelous mod, but otherwise it is just awful.
Yes, I wasn't sure about all the political stuff. Yeah, I'm not a big Trump fan myself, but I'd rather not have over-the-top politics shoved in my face while I play games. I receive plenty of that Toxic Political Garbage in the news every day and from family/friends, I play games to get away from this RL stuff.

But even though I find the fetish stuff disgusting, IMO people can have their fetishes as long as it doesn't involve children! Hell, LoversLab has that kind of fetish shit in most of their stuff, I guess it's pretty normal for people to mod that into Bethesda games. Again, I don't like it, but also not why I'm disappointing with the Frontier mod.

To clarify, I'm not trying to hate on this mod in it's entirety over just a few controversies. It's that the few things I've seen has caused me reconsider my willingness to install and play the mod.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Wasteland is not for the faint harted.
Also. Every quest has multiple solutions. Nobody will force you to have sex with deathclaw. But u can. Its up to you. Some call it roleplaying.

Ive looked up the "problematic" quest with lizard tribe. And yes, if you really really want, and continuosly go in that direction on every crossroad you meet in this quest, you can really have sex with a lizard.

Its one of like 5 possible endings of this quest.

If you do so, screen turns black for a moment, than a text "u did smthng really disgusting" appears and its over.

Ppl were rioting over this! When I saw the quest I was like "really? All the fuzz because of this?"

For me its all just a histeria of some ppl who did not ever played the game and jump on the hate wagon. Thats what I saw at twitter at least.

For your convinience the devs already removed all "problematic" parts in latest update. And I will happily play the 1st version which is now hard to get. Most likely not having sex with reptiles anyway 😉 but u never know... plus the deathclaws.. hmmm 😂