Cuted/Unfinished conted of DF

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Biboran

Re: Cuted/Unfinished conted of DF

Post by Biboran »

Updated the OP post. Feel free to fix my very bad english and post here all cuted features you know. I will try to update OP post regulary. I don't know limit for post here, but when I hit them I probably will create word document and attach it to the OP. :)
Jay_H wrote:I think they had in mind a Morrowind-style wilderness, procedurally generated for thousands of miles. Perhaps there would be literally anything across the landscape such as burned-out houses, treasure chests, small caves, pits, criminal hide-outs, and so on, all generated outdoors around rivers, swamps, hills, etc. If what I'm imagining is the case, then you would literally have endless adventure out in the landscape.
Probably not morrowind like but yeah, like in other games that came after and had all that stuff, but on actually small morrowind-style map, but more detailed. It be awesome to see if someone make this on unity actually.
Yep, they were super-ambitious. Ragdoll wouldn't exist until 10 years later, but they had fascinating plans.
Actually, games with primitive physics and same features was in 90s and early 2000s. Arx Fatalis in 2002 and Trespasser: Jurassic Park in 1998

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

LypyL wrote:
Jay_H wrote:The best resource I know is the Cutting Room Floor subpage. Either that topic or this one could work as a summary.
I love that page. :) I would definitely love to see the unused journal implemented in Daggerfall Unity at some point.

I notice that it doesn't mention the spells that weren't implemented. You can find them listed here
Very interesting, indeed. It inspired me to mod the death screen back in game.
screenD.jpg
screenD.jpg (577.07 KiB) Viewed 2036 times

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Biboran wrote:
Yep, they were super-ambitious. Ragdoll wouldn't exist until 10 years later, but they had fascinating plans.
Actually, games with primitive physics and same features was in 90s and early 2000s. Arx Fatalis in 2002 and Trespasser: Jurassic Park in 1998
True, you're right. Bethesda was quite behind the curve in that regard :)