Re Twitter

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Hazelnut

Re: Re Twitter

Post by Hazelnut »

Interkarma wrote:
Feralwarlord wrote: I guess my character's gonna have trouble moving when the next build comes around
You should be OK! But I don't think you'll be able to pick anything else up until you make some room by dropping items or transferring more to wagon. It would have been great for shops to be in alongside encumbrance, but there's always more loot if you have to let some go. :)
Yeah, you'll be able to move just not pick anything else up. TBH with 750kg capacity on the cart you should be okay assuming you've not spent ages taking anything that's not nailed down! :-)

I plan to add the ability to sell things soon, not full shops quite yet but at least you can sell ya loot.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

And what a follow-through:
Interkarma wrote:Hazelnut has made a start on selling items in shops for #DaggerfallUnity. Great to see this happening so early, thanks man!Image
In dot-dot sane. Selling alone will be a huge progress point, even if the prices aren't accurate yet. 0.6 is coming on fast! :D

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

These forums are quiet, but github is blowing up with all the work you guys are doing :o Although some of this has been shown on Twitter, I just wanted to show a few of the ones that catch my eye:
Implement holiday text
Allofich committed 6 days ago
namebank now derived from ClimateSettings
Nystul-the-Magician committed 5 days ago
npc and pc greeting message implemented
Nystul-the-Magician committed 5 days ago
Can now sell items
ajrb committed 6 days ago
Finished initial version of trade window - selling
ajrb committed 5 days ago
Add armour values to paperdoll
ajrb committed 5 days ago
Allow short and long bows for random weapons
Interkarma committed 5 days ago
Add simple repairing
ajrb committed 4 days ago
Disalow wagon access in dungeons
ajrb committed 4 days ago
Implement letters of credit
ajrb committed 3 days ago
Implement classic cost formula for selling
Allofich committed 3 days ago
Add letter of credit if too much gold from sale
Allofich committed 2 days ago
Tally mercantile skill
Implement classic formula for repair cost
MeshReplacement: support for climate/season variants
TheLacus committed 2 days ago
Read trapped souls from classic saves and display info
ajrb committed 2 days ago
Implement daily price adjustments
Allofich committed a day ago
TextLabel now supports text scaling (property TextScale)
Nystul-the-Magician committed a day ago
Load game cleanup of orphaned quest items
Interkarma committed 19 hours ago
Block removal of quest items to remote container
Interkarma committed 18 hours ago
Always allow at least 1 day for quest travel time
Interkarma committed 18 hours ago
This next version's gonna be AWESOME! :D

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for the summary Jay. :) Yeah, lots of awesome stuff in next build that I haven't mentioned on Twitter.

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Jay_H wrote:
MeshReplacement: support for climate/season variants
TheLacus committed 2 days ago
Love it!

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

I know it's not in classic Daggerfall, but can the main quest be made optional by default? Maybe keep that pop-up asking if you want to start the main quest?

I imagine I'm far from the only one who doesn't play Daggerfall for the main quest. ;)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

If it's anything like what we're doing now, you could just delete or dummy out the main quest. It's probably something I'll be modding in.

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

That could actually be really sweet if you could choose Story or Sandbox mode when starting a new game. If you chose Story, you'd get the usual intro with the Emperor and wake up in Privateer's Hold, but if you were to choose Sandbox, you'd be able to pick a starting place, background, etc.

Would be great for role-playing purposes. And I am sure that sooner or later modders' quests will be even more epic and interesting than the default Main Quest, even though I think the original one is pretty good as well.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

If possible, I'd really want an "alternate start" mod like exist in TES3-5. The gist is that you get to choose from several different options about where you start and what you're wearing at the beginning of the game;

1. In a Mages Guild in Abibon-Gora
2. In a graveyard in Alcaire
3. At a witch coven in Myrkwasa
4. Hiding in the mountains of Wrothgaria
5. In the court of Castle Daggerfall
6. Among the patrons of Sentinel Palace
7. Speaking with Prince Helseth at Wayrest
8. In a Fighters Guild in Dwynnen
9. At a dungeon in Orsinium
10. In a knightly order, etc.

Needless to say, starting as a vampire or a werewolf must be necessary options too :D

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

NikitaTheTanner wrote:That could actually be really sweet if you could choose Story or Sandbox mode when starting a new game. If you chose Story, you'd get the usual intro with the Emperor and wake up in Privateer's Hold, but if you were to choose Sandbox, you'd be able to pick a starting place, background, etc.

Would be great for role-playing purposes. And I am sure that sooner or later modders' quests will be even more epic and interesting than the default Main Quest, even though I think the original one is pretty good as well.
I think, for a simple enough enhancement, in sandbox you'd just click on a dot on the map to start at. Everywhere but the dungeons, you'd be placed at the main gates/at the edge of the local map. In dungeons, you'd be placed at a spawn point in the same block as the exit.

The Story/Sandbox menu option could then be a jumping-off point for mods - You'd replace that menu with your own, and go through whatever options you wanted for your mod.

This would keep it something that would integrate with the base game, while not being on the level of a full mod.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.