Can Devs Please Send Me a Message/Email?

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
mrfranswa

Can Devs Please Send Me a Message/Email?

Post by mrfranswa »

Hi guys,

I tried contacting you via the contact forum, however I haven't received a response. Maybe the forums is faster!

I've developed a mixed reality technology I've coined Omnedeus. Essentially, it allows LARPing with Google cardboard/daydream/gearvr/ and the hololens.

I want to convert daggerfall to a mixed reality game. Essentially, this would mod the existing game to replace the daggerfall game world, with the REAL world. This will allow players to go on missions, level up, and stuff at physical locations.

I've already written the software. I need programs in unity to convert for some buyers who want to install the holodecks. Could we please work together to get this running? From my view of your source code, it should be a VERY simple convert; essentially it's just custom levels based on the topography of the holodeck & my movement code.

Right now, I'm working with devs to convert Doom, Killing Floor 1&2, and a bunch of unity games. I'd love to extend this to the daggerfall project as well.

I'd love to speak to Interkarma about this.

Interkarma

Re: Can Devs Please Send Me a Message/Email?

Post by Interkarma »

Hey there mrfranswa, welcome to the forums! Please watch the all-caps titles though, no need to shout. :)

This sounds like a very interesting project, but it's well outside of my scope for Daggerfall Unity. My mission statement is to recreate classic Daggerfall in the Unity engine with light quality of life enhancements and a scaffold for future mods and other improvements. There's too much involved in reaching this goal that I cannot allow myself to become distracted and pulled down different paths. My focus is entirely on making the game playable. I don't even participate much in the mod community here, other than to cheer them on.

And this sounds like an entirely different game, possibly a very good one, but not Daggerfall in the retro-gaming sense I'm championing here. I'm also adverse to becoming involved with a commercial venture of any kind as I want to send a clear message to Zenimax and Bethesda this project is all about fan service, I'm not trying to profit from their intellectual property at all (that's why I don't take donations for hosting, have a Patreon, etc.). I'd recommend being very careful around using a Zenimax property outside of pure fan space.

I sincerely wish you the best with your technology however. Please don't hesitate to drop in and show off the outcome of your work on other games, I'd love to see this in action one day. :)

Jay_H

Re: Can Devs Please Send Me a Message/Email?

Post by Jay_H »

Interkarma wrote:I sincerely wish you the best with your technology however. Please don't hesitate to drop in and show off the outcome of your work on other games, I'd love to see this in action one day. :)
Just want to repeat what Interkarma said, since seeing this at some point in the future would be too cool :)