DF lever puzzles

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
jman0war

DF lever puzzles

Post by jman0war »

Has anybody ever compiled or figured out the combinations of dungeon puzzles that require Lever pulling?

To this day i still find myself stumped by these.
Particularly when they are in tight quarters and move blocks up and down to reveal hidden passages. grrr
Find my Vibrant Terrain Flats mod at Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

LorrMaster42

Re: DF lever puzzles

Post by LorrMaster42 »

Sure, there's one in Castle Sentinel. You see, the trick is to use the elevators to clip through the... oh, you mean without void walking? You're on your own, pal.

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

If you lost, I pretty shure uesp contsin maps and guides to all mainquest dungeons

jman0war

Post by jman0war »

just some random place 'The Citadel of Wickston' in Daggerfall.

What do these puzzles mean for DF Unity?
I don't know if void walking is going to be supported :)
Find my Vibrant Terrain Flats mod at Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

jman0war wrote: What do these puzzles mean for DF Unity?
I've had basic action records working since way back in the Daggerfall Modelling days (you can play with levers and lifts while zooming around dungeons).

Lypyl has since worked through and built this out for almost complete action support for everything else (walk-on triggers, teleports, etc.). He's only stubbed out action records that initiate a spell effect or conversation because they aren't in the game yet, but those actions have been identified also.

I'm reasonably confident that 95%+ of non-spell non-dialog action records already work exactly as in classic. You should be able to get around dungeons in DF Unity now with the same combination of levers, lifts, red-door teleports, etc. Of course this also means you are subject to some of the nasty traps, like the one on the stairs in Direnni Tower. :twisted:

jman0war

Post by jman0war »

Interkarma wrote:
I've had basic action records working since way back in the Daggerfall Modelling days (you can play with levers and lifts while zooming around dungeons).

Lypyl has since worked through and built this out for almost complete action support for everything else (walk-on triggers, teleports, etc.). He's only stubbed out action records that initiate a spell effect or conversation because they aren't in the game yet, but those actions have been identified also.

I'm reasonably confident that 95%+ of non-spell non-dialog action records already work exactly as in classic. You should be able to get around dungeons in DF Unity now with the same combination of levers, lifts, red-door teleports, etc. Of course this also means you are subject to some of the nasty traps, like the one on the stairs in Direnni Tower. :twisted:
Wow i didn't realize that.
I was thinking the levers would have to be basically, re-programmed in Unity.
I was imaging some poor sod having to follow the rabbithole of figuring out the logic and it's application to the random tile generation thing.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

jman0war wrote: Wow i didn't realize that.
I was thinking the levers would have to be basically, re-programmed in Unity.
I was imaging some poor sod having to follow the rabbithole of figuring out the logic and it's application to the random tile generation thing.
I think Lypyl and I are the poor sods in this scenario. :lol: Fortunately, everything is procedurally generated from Daggerfall's data files. There's no need to wire up manually because it generates from the same data Daggerfall is using.

Ironically, the action setup is much clearer from a data point of view than they are from a game design point of view. And because it's the same data, I can at least guarantee that DF Unity's action setup will be every bit as weird and confusing as classic.

jman0war

Post by jman0war »

Wow i never realized that DF Modeling had all that stuff in it.
That you can select an object and it shows what it's linked to.
Very cool.
It's amazing work you've done.

Still haven't figured out my dungeon tho, but realize there's a lot i hadn't found :lol: