I love you guy's !

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Midknightprince

I love you guy's !

Post by Midknightprince »

I have been playing Daggerfall on and off since about a month or so after its initial release.
I have been to pretty much every province, and stayed for awhile, soaking in the ambience, searching stuff, doing qest's..etc..etc..because even back then, I saw this game for what it was, and ALWAYS will be (to me personally), a work of art.
The mona lisa of video games (or something more akin to Frazzetta IMHO), and I'm only saying all this stuff so you guy's will know, this game (for me personally) is not, nor will ever be "just a game".
This thing has ALWAYS been my bread and butter, from which all others are judged (for me personally).
So with that out of the way, I must single out Interkarma.
You know me as Midknightprince on Twitter (or midknightpri1, I dont know as I'm new to all that stuff, but eagerly learning).
I have done some reading up, and I personally know the ups and downs of mixing time consuming hobbies with family life (and thats just what Daggerfall is, time consuming, and I just play the thing).
So hopefully you'll respect fully, when I say "fantastic job", and everything you're doing is right on spot!
I love what's happening here, I love it !
So with the butt kissing out of the way (because beleive me man, you deserve it), now I have to thank ALL the modders as well (I feel compelled).
Each and every one of you guys should get a medal, or free mead for life in the least!
I'm Galactic Chicken on Youtube, and am just doing my thing to try and bring attention to this thing in my own way, and hopefully I am doing it justice.
So with that out of the way, let me just finnish with THANK YOU, ALL OF YOU, and here I am...
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Interkarma

Re: I love you guy's !

Post by Interkarma »

Hey Midknightprince, welcome to the forums, and thank you for your kind words. :)

I've just subbed to your YouTube and will watch through some vids when I can. Thank you for taking the time to put that out there. It's awesome to see someone enjoying Daggerfall Unity, it makes all the hard work worth it.

Midknightprince

Just try and take my satire with a grain of salt if you will.
I didn't realize at the time how much effort you have put into this thing over the years, but now it is quite clear to me.
With that said, I prommise to do my darndest to give this remake (because for me, that's just what this is, and it's glorious so see unfolding before my eye's), the justice it deserves.
If I get a bit wacky, it's trully the excitement talking.
Because to me, this is no small thing.
Again man, great work!
I have much respect for you dude.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome to the forums! :)

I seriously would send Interkarma a gift card to a restaurant or something just as thanks for DFU, but I know he won't accept it :| Saying thanks here on the forum, contributing, and testing are about all we can do to pay back.

Midknightprince

Realy?
Like, NO donations ?
I state in my video's I would happily pay $60 buck's for this thing (as is lol).
And you have been heard by me too on these forums, so like, you're knee deep in this stuff as well.
All I can say is props man (and I'm just gonna keep on saying it).
This whole project is something to be proud of, and I will keep kissing butt to anyone involved.

I think I have pretty much every mod on here so far, up and running.
Yesterday I got all the DMO stuff (wow), the beautiful hand painted textures by VMblast (the freaking mages guild looks awesome), loading screens (which you can edit everything it says right in the config file, and it's all working (it's amazing)), the Book patch (which I still have to jump in and check that out).
But, I couldn't even speak man, everything at once was just too overwhelming yesterday (seriously, I was mumbling, and squeaking like a school girl), so like I think I should have done it in small baby steps or something.
I just hope my vid's do this justice, and they're all pretty much playtest's, mostly in the live stream's playlist.
But yeah, I will start posting my feedback in that part of the forums, but I can confirm everything I have so far works, quest's do what it says it does (fighters, and main backbone stuff, wagons), my guy is like lvl 14, loads of cool loot (love that update), and I am litteraly playtesting the crap out of this thing, and it all works.
Its genius dude, Interkarma is a genius.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Midknightprince wrote:Realy?
Like, NO donations ?
I state in my video's I would happily pay $60 buck's for this thing (as is lol).
Yeah, Interkarma has a mega-strict policy of no donations and no money. It's because we're working with Bethesda's content, so if we made this a for-profit venture in any way that could cause some legal problems. All we can really do is try to help where we can, to lessen the load :)

Midknightprince

I'm on it, just let me know if my Youtube stuff is not up to snuff, that's all I really care about.
Doing this thing justice.
But playtesting, feedback.
Consider it done, its a true please, and to help spread the word in anyway I can.
This thing you guy's are doing is VERY important to me.
Just to be a small part of this is an honor...

Deathcrush

Post by Deathcrush »

Midknightprince wrote:I'm on it, just let me know if my Youtube stuff is not up to snuff, that's all I really care about.
Doing this thing justice.
But playtesting, feedback.
Consider it done, its a true please, and to help spread the word in anyway I can.
This thing you guy's are doing is VERY important to me.
Just to be a small part of this is an honor...
Really nice seeing new people on this forum all the time. I have a lot of faith in this project turning out incredibly well. Don't forget to spread the word to any friends as well, the more people involved in testing/modding the better.
"Excuse the gloom, but none may know of this meeting."

Midknightprince

Oh I'm spreading the word alright, been putting together a little Music video all day. hope you guy's like it.

Midknightprince

Ok so check it out, see what you guy's think..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTZJiyLqMM